the middle option
25 24%
no, not particuarly
14 13%
no, not in the slightest bit
3 3%
Voters: 106.
Page 1 of 3
was having a chat with Will about design and it reminded me of chats i'd have with my mother's art students. a lot of students i thought were extremely creative thought they were straight up trash. since we're all interested in art to some degree here (guitar forum and all) i thought i'd poll the crowd.

poll incoming
i don't know why i feel so dry
yes

i am also trash tho. depends entirely on my state of mind
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Jun 22, 2014,
i haven't really had a venue to be creative in

probly not tho lol
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by MinterMan22
i am trash

yah, and one of them went on to move back to ontario

could it be ???
I've been told I'm creative by many people but I don't believe it at all and think I'm awful
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jun 22, 2014,
Quote by Faux
not only am I creative I am the most and best creative

i like your attitude.

whereish in MD are you? near me? if so . if not
I am the complete opposite of creative. Tried to write a song for the past month and could only make an intro ._.
Quote by Eastwinn
yah, and one of them went on to move back to ontario

could it be ???

no i am actually trash :-(
Yes, absolutely.

However, I'm not creative with comments on UG. I just say what I would say in real life.
Quote by Faux
bout 45 minutes. Ellicott City. A good friend of mine lives in Annapolis though, and I went to college at SMCM

MARYLAND IS BEST ****ING STATE IN THE UNION FITE ME

agreed on the spoiler. i do various business in ellicott city and i go to UMBC so i'm in the area a lot. i actually live at the intersection of route 3 and 97 so i'm only 25-30 minutes away depending on traffic and if i speed and where in ellicot i'm going

cool to see someone else from maryland with some pride. we got a sticky sucker on here who commutes to DC every day and lives in montgomery country and tries to smack talk maryland all the time. he has good tastes in cars though so i let it slide

blake1221: did you write the guitar parts on Everything That I ... ?
yeah but i think i'm at an age and level where i don't like what i'm making but i know that it's not what i like and that's okay because one day i'll get there
Quote by willT08
yeah but i think i'm at an age and level where i don't like what i'm making but i know that it's not what i like and that's okay because one day i'll get there

i've spent hours talking to tons and tons of visual artists, from microsculpters to drip painters to 9ftx9ft canvas splashers and if i may summarize what they all seemed to agree on, you'll never really "get there" because your standards for yourself will continue to raise.

as an example, my sister works with mixed media on canvases attempted to convey mental illness in minimalistic forms resembling that oh microscopic and macroscopic geometry.

here's an example titled Akathisia:

rest of her work is elliedent.com

she's really never fully satisfied. she's proud of her work but she always has bigger plans. we're always having discussions about fractal geometry, the small, and the big, in attempts to devise minimalistic forms that represent nearly anything in nature. then it's up to her to make them speak something to you.
I usually have ideas that I like, but I have trouble putting them "on paper", so I generally don't bother.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
being proud of the work is the 'there' i'm aiming for at the moment

if i could make a tune that wouldn't sound instantly out of place against the stuff i like i'd feel as if i was at least getting somewhere
Hopefully. I'm getting closer to finishing school and I need to decide what I'm going to do since I have no interest in politics anymore. Maybe writing or building a business. I'm going to have an ambitious goal and I'm going to leave something behind, and that entails creating, is what I know.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I think I like to think I am.

My creative drive is often let down by my creative ability/lack of singular focus.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
you guys should try being bipolar. you bang out some great stuff. just not consistently
I'm not going to vote though because I'm creative with some things and not with others.
I'm really into creative things, but I struggle to create anything of my own. So I would say the middle option I guess? I don't know, I've thought about it a lot recently, and I just don't think I am. At least, I'm no where near as creative as I'd like to be.

I guess another way to say it is that I'm creative, just not original.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Dimarzio45
I'm not going to vote though because I'm creative with some things and not with others.

yeah but that's true of like everyone

find me one person who creates in every way possible
Quote by willT08
yeah but that's true of like everyone

find me one person who creates in every way possible

Exactly.

The poll is flawed, Beastwinn!!!

Edit- You responded really, really quick to that, Will. Holy shit.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Jun 23, 2014,
Quote by Dimarzio45
Exactly.

The poll is flawed, Beastwinn!!!

Edit- You responded really, really quick to that, Will. Holy shit.

it's 6.17 and i'm still awake what do ya want?
Quote by willT08
if i could make a tune that wouldn't sound instantly out of place against the stuff i like i'd feel as if i was at least getting somewhere

If I write something that's similar to what I like, all I hear is the little influences from certain things, and it ends up sounding, to me, like a ripoff, and I end up not liking it.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
What does creative mean? Is it just the ability to create? Or is there some kind of implicit qualitative aspect to the word?

bud, whatever you want it to mean. this is about your personal reflections, you get to choose the definitions.
Quote by Skynyrd890
If I write something that's similar to what I like, all I hear is the little influences from certain things, and it ends up sounding, to me, like a ripoff, and I end up not liking it.
you're supposed to have influences

if it sounds like you're ripping people off to you then stop ripping people off lol
I just had a creative thought and it felt good. I will probably end up pursuing it and it will become dirt, but whatever.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by willT08
it's 6.17 and i'm still awake what do ya want?

Nahhhh man it's 1:38 am, silly.
Page 1 of 3