Hey all!! I started playing guitar in 6th grade 7ish years ago but stopped quickly as I got into sports and advanced classes. Now that I'm in college I really learned to balance my time and picked my guitar back up. I bought a Jackson Dinky DKXT for $250 new, as well as a Peavey VIP 3 100 Watt Modeling amp, did I need the 100 watts? No but I have a park behind my house that with the help of some extension cords I can go out by a bench and shred on the top of a bench overlooking a pond, atleast thats what I will do, once I can shred. Anyhow these go along with my Peavey Patriot from 1981 and a fender deluxe 900, which I honestly just got bored of and will be selling soon. Well onto my question, I want to get into some books to help tutor myself back into the guitar world. What are some books you guys have used first hand that can help me on my ways. I picked up Guitar Aerobics, but would like a book or poster with chords and scales as well. Thanks guys!
Pm me your email. I've a few e-books that I'll send your way.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Pm me your email. I've a few e-books that I'll send your way.

for the hell of it, could you send me a copy? i am not a beginner but always go through books. i have always found at least one thing cool about any book that i have ever played through.

if not i understand.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
not a book, but justin guitar's website is pretty good and free (though he takes donations if you can afford it).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hal Leonard tab books are pretty good and come with a CD of backing tracks plus tracks w/ the BT and your part played. They also come with a demo version of Amazing Slowdowner for slowing down the song. If they have a tab book for the band you are interested in then it's a good deal.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
for the hell of it, could you send me a copy? i am not a beginner but always go through books. i have always found at least one thing cool about any book that i have ever played through.

if not i understand.

How many do you want?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
How many do you want?

whatever you would like to send. i do a fair amount of teaching, and thats part of the reason i still watch books. i always find something to help me help them. but i honor all copyrights. i just pick up one technique easier to explain in one book could do the right person a lot of good.

whatever you want. and if you have more medium-advanced that wouldn't be bad either.

thanks
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Generally books are ok, but I've heard this from many many guitarist, that one of the best way to learn is to... transcribe. Just pick any tune you like, slow it down (with Amazing Slowdowner or Transcribe!) and then try to figure out the notes - works like hell It is basically what a deadlift or squat is for bodybuilders!