A few weeks ago it was just fine, now reaper playback is very laggy and it's just pain for my ears. And when I arm a track for recording, it turns into a nightmare. How am I supposed to record vocals with such playback?? I can't even mix and master properly! (The sound is fine when I render it and I'm using asio driver at 48khz and Line 6 UX1)
Here is a video: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/5e85lg1rr1datys/AAC-8qVHJNrMZQrp26AOqcnia
Last edited by guitarpro2play at Jun 23, 2014,
That's the sound of your laptop hating it's own existence. You've likely got too many live effects running for your laptops cpu to handle.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
That's the sound of your laptop hating it's own existence. You've likely got too many live effects running for your laptops cpu to handle.

I've tried another project with just 4 tracks with guitars. Only a virtual amp and a cab simulator on each track. Same thing. It was fine a week ago. I can't figure out what's wrong!
First guess is you've got a bunch of stuff running in the background you don't know about - coudl be malware, or just other things that turn on automatically when you boot up.
My reverbnation page

2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73 Epi 6830E
72 Fender Telecaster
Epi Dot Studio
Epi LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e uke
antique banjolin