This is going to sound like I'm a right idiot, owning a strat style guitar I understand that one plate covers the tremelo system and one is to cover up the bolting on of the neck. But looking at some Ibanez guitars they seem to have a few back plates. What are the extra ones for???
Like this picture : https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=back+of+ibanez+guitar&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=IkqoU-XsLPTY7AaztYHwBg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=643#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=duZ4i1oBzjibVM%253A%3BdOIxRVF46e_8MM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.premierguitar.com%252Fext%252Fresources%252Farchives%252F2f53fdca-b64a-4d10-8af9-bb531765f5f0.JPG%253F1371672543%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.premierguitar.com%252Farticles%252FIbanez_RG920QM_Premium_Electric_Guitar_Review%3B640%3B207

^^ Very long link I'm sorry

I don't really understand, and some other only have one plate but wayyy off where the bridge/ tremelo system should be

Any help would be appreciated
On a Strat most of the electronics are mounted on the pickguard. Since a lot of other guitars don't have pickguards, or at least not of the same size, a lot of guitars have backplates covering the cavity with the pots and switches in it. The smallest one on that picture is, I assume, holding the battery for active pickups.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Jun 23, 2014,
The one in the corner is for the jack. The one directly below the trem cavity is for rear-mounted electronics on guitars on that don't have pickguards or guitars that don't have electronics mounted on them like an RG770 or the Tosin Abasi sig. The one behind the trem cavity is the battery compartment for guitars with active electronics.
Oh thanks I didn't realise the pick guard covered up the electronics as well and yeah I'm used to passive pickups so I forgot about that