Hey,

I'v written a load of new songs lately. I'd love to some feedback. I'll obviously give you guys feedback in return. Recordings are nothing special but decent enough.

Here are some links:

Take on the world:
https://soundcloud.com/jakequincey/take-on-the-world-demo

Sing:
https://soundcloud.com/jakequincey/sing-demo

Sugar in my pocket:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wftzBp2rme0

Super Heroes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUtU09UIurg

The Youtube videos are live, the soundclouds are as live (in my home).

Thanks =)
I enjoyed your music man. Your voice grew on me the more I listened to your tracks. I like your lyrics as well. My favorite track was Take On The World. It's five minutes, but it didn't feel like it because it seemed to progress in a very natural way, which I thought was cool.

Overall, I can't critique too much as I don't listen to a lot of this type of music, but I wanted to at least let you know that I really appreciated these songs you've written. Keep it up and thanks for the feedback you gave in my thread.
jkielq91,
Thank you for the review! Now your "Sugar" song video: the visual quality of the video is good, better than the audio quality of the video. Videos of live performances are always good to keep for sentimental purposes, especially years from now. I like the guitar riffs and the guitar playing. Singing is OK, but better yet, I found the lyrics amusing. Keep at it!
Quote by ImpulsiveDesign
I enjoyed your music man. Your voice grew on me the more I listened to your tracks. I like your lyrics as well. My favorite track was Take On The World. It's five minutes, but it didn't feel like it because it seemed to progress in a very natural way, which I thought was cool.

Overall, I can't critique too much as I don't listen to a lot of this type of music, but I wanted to at least let you know that I really appreciated these songs you've written. Keep it up and thanks for the feedback you gave in my thread.

Thanks. I appreciate the review. I'm glad you felt it progressed naturally and not repetitively.

Quote by aaron aardvark
jkielq91,
Thank you for the review! Now your "Sugar" song video: the visual quality of the video is good, better than the audio quality of the video. Videos of live performances are always good to keep for sentimental purposes, especially years from now. I like the guitar riffs and the guitar playing. Singing is OK, but better yet, I found the lyrics amusing. Keep at it!

The did not do the video. It was sent to me after the gig by some one. I'll do a better one soon.

Thanks for the review. I do really enjoy playing that song. Thanks. =)
I listened to "Sugar in my Pocket" and I thought it was a good live performance. Obviously the video doesn't really do it much justice but it is nice to have something to show. I thought the song was a bit cheesy in the best possible way. This song with a good backing band that kicks up the energy a bit could make for some really fun music.

Nice job with the songwriting. Some interesting chords in there that I didn't expect to hear. Maybe the solo acoustic stuff is what you love to do, and if so keep doing it because you've got some nice stuff, but I can hear this stuff being really enjoyable with a good band!

Keep it up!
Quote by Octavarius94
I listened to "Sugar in my Pocket" and I thought it was a good live performance. Obviously the video doesn't really do it much justice but it is nice to have something to show. I thought the song was a bit cheesy in the best possible way. This song with a good backing band that kicks up the energy a bit could make for some really fun music.

Nice job with the songwriting. Some interesting chords in there that I didn't expect to hear. Maybe the solo acoustic stuff is what you love to do, and if so keep doing it because you've got some nice stuff, but I can hear this stuff being really enjoyable with a good band!

Keep it up!

Hey. Thanks. I'd love to have a band join me. I'd love to have some bass and a horn section on that song.

It is my cheesiest song but also my funnest.
Sugar in my pocket! love it! I pretty much can't say anything that hasn't been said before dude! I like the song but i know i would probably love the song with a band behind it.. and a hirn section would eb dope as u said! Love the progression of it though.. those little guitar breaks would sound greeeeat with a band!! Maaan! Great song dude!
Quote by ToastedAndButte
Sugar in my pocket! love it! I pretty much can't say anything that hasn't been said before dude! I like the song but i know i would probably love the song with a band behind it.. and a hirn section would eb dope as u said! Love the progression of it though.. those little guitar breaks would sound greeeeat with a band!! Maaan! Great song dude!

Thanks. Big thanks. =)