I have opinions about headstocks, and they are part of the decision criteria when buying a guitar:

Gibson, Fender and Martin got it right first time. I also really like the compact MM 4+2 design.

I mostly don't like asymmetrical 3+3 headstocks, though some are OK - the Ibanez Talmans come to mind.

I definitely don't like:

Spikes and banana lookalikes.

Big - unnecessary and they look like boat paddles

Iinverted - too phallic.

What say?
oversized strat headstocks bother me. i like epiphone closed book hs better than gibson open book. my charvels hs is a thing of beauty. other than that most headstocks look silly to me

also you would have been much better off posting this in the e guitar subforum
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
What are those super 80s ones with no headstock? Those are silly.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by CL/\SH
oversized strat headstocks bother me. i like epiphone closed book hs better than gibson open book. my charvels hs is a thing of beauty. other than that most headstocks look silly to me

I thought about putting it in electrics, but I'm primarily an acoustic guitarist and wanted to cover both.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by CL/\SH

The cork sniffing pedal forum, the how can I make my cheap practice amp sound like a professionally recorded metal album or the I can't figure out how to set up my Floyd so they all suck forum?

And I like the bound painted Jackson headstocks.
Quote by BobDetroit
The cork sniffing pedal forum, the how can I make my cheap practice amp sound like a professionally recorded metal album or the I can't figure out how to set up my Floyd so they all suck forum?

be the change you want to see in a forum

also i like all my knobs on one side so i don't get confused. can be on the top or the bottom, doesn't matter much to me.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by BobDetroit

fair enough lol

also i want a horse headstock. horsestock
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Tony Done
I've had lotsa jokes about my name over the years, but I like that variant. I'm from Cheshire, where it is a common enough name, pronounced with a long "o", as in "bone"

Oh really?

I thought it'd be like Donne, that's odd
Quote by Eastwinn
also i like all my knobs on one side so i don't get confused. can be on the top or the bottom, doesn't matter much to me.

Dude that would be a great pickup line!

Baby, you know I like all my knobs on one side so I don't get confused. Top or bottom don't matter much.
I only approve of this thread because I prefer the Martin headstock over anything else.

Otherwise, OP just seems opinionated.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by theogonia777

Now that's a horse of a different color.
a purple horse would be a horse of a different color
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777

i have it on good authority that horses come in many different colors
banned
Quote by theogonia777

I have color vision problems so for all I know, it could be purple. You know, the same color as bananas.
Quote by deadsmileyface
i have it on good authority that horses come in many different colors

what authority

the official mlp fansite
Quote by theogonia777
what authority

the official mlp fansite

...Burn?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
As long as it looks good(to me) with the whole guitar, I'm not that bothered.

The pointy headstock on my jackson looks right with that guitar, but it would look awful on my LP, etc etc.
I'm cool with more or less whatever headstock-wise, but there's a special place in my heart for any guitar whose owner was bored enough to stick a left-handed neck on a right-handed guitar.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Asymmetrical 3+3 headstocks are my favorite cause thy don't look as bulky to me
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by theogonia777

Yes I agree with this post

I also agree with myself that no headstock is pretty cool as well

this is cool as well more guitars should do this i think
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jun 24, 2014,
Oversized fender headstocks lend a cartoonish quality to an amazing guitar, imo.

I love them Schecter headstocks that go beautifully with the Superstrat shape.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
Last edited by shawnkenneth at Jun 24, 2014,
I like these ones-

WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I'm not keen on the teardrop shape, and those horrendously pointy headstocks some 7/8 string company uses.

I like a simple rg style the best. Preferably double-sided. Even though tuning can be annoying they look cleaner and having all tuners on one side on a 8 or 9 string guitar can look goofy pretty easily.
Quote by donender
I like these ones-

I'm big into these too... It's really awkward to fit mine in the case, though, cause the top is slightly too wide.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'm big into these too... It's really awkward to fit mine in the case, though, cause the top is slightly too wide.

Yeah i own the model of guitar that i originally posted, and luckily it came with a case, otherwise it would be kind of awkward to fit into a standard acoustic case. Same goes for most hollowbody electrics; beautiful headstocks, but they are just too long.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by donender
Yeah i own the model of guitar that i originally posted, and luckily it came with a case, otherwise it would be kind of awkward to fit into a standard acoustic case. Same goes for most hollowbody electrics; beautiful headstocks, but they are just too long.

As far as I know, my case is original too. I've seen other M-20s online with the same case. Still have to turn it sideways slightly to get it in past the rim Still, worth it for those looks.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'm cool with more or less whatever headstock-wise, but there's a special place in my heart for any guitar whose owner was bored enough to stick a left-handed neck on a right-handed guitar.

this is the look, for sure.
i don't know why i feel so dry