The Powerplant doesn't have isolated outputs. It saves you space but if your pedals cause interference to each other through the power supply (common with digital and fuzz pedals) you are screwed.

So yes, the Fueltank is more expensive because it has isolated outputs. If your supply works fine, you've saved money, and there's no problem, but some people would need isolated outputs for their boards to work properly.
The harley benton power plant junior seems to be a cheapo clone of the fuel tank jr. is it as good as the t-rex version? dunno, I haven't tried it. I doubt it. But it's an option.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Probably not. Can't be 100% sure until you get it and see if it interacts with your other pedals but usually pedals like the Rat are fine. Delays, reverbs, fuzz pedals tend to be the problematic ones.
Quote by Dave_Mc
The harley benton power plant junior seems to be a cheapo clone of the fuel tank jr. is it as good as the t-rex version? dunno, I haven't tried it. I doubt it. But it's an option.

I've got one. Powers everything if you have a UK shaver adaptor or similar however I have a really noisy DS-2 which is still loud with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
^ That sucks. Are you using an earthed adaptor? Mine seems to be fine with my pedals without one, but I know I have amps with EU plugs which were noisy with an unearthed adaptor. it might help with your pedal (or might not, as colin said, it's a little bit up in the air at times).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ That sucks. Are you using an earthed adaptor? Mine seems to be fine with my pedals without one, but I know I have amps with EU plugs which were noisy with an unearthed adaptor. it might help with your pedal (or might not, as colin said, it's a little bit up in the air at times).

No it's always been noisy. It's no big deal, I'll get a noise gate when I need to take my board places.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
I thought I've read that the Joyo (Harley Benton, yeah?) PSU isn't even isolated.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^ the bog standard harley benton one isn't but the jr is. far as i'm aware. (I don't think they're joyo rebrands either but i could be wrong.)

Quote by Pacifica Ocean
No it's always been noisy. It's no big deal, I'll get a noise gate when I need to take my board places.

ah ok. yeah if it was noisy before with a battery i don't think an isolated supply (or earthed plug) will help. could be wrong.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ Well, it's made to a price. Musicstore does an isolated one which looks to be a cheaper clone(ish) of the voodoo labs pedal power, as well, for not much more (I haven't tried that one).

Quote by Pacifica Ocean

Just thought of this, but it'd be worth trying to identify where the noise is coming from- is it the pedals, your cable(s), your guitar, amp etc.? All distortion pedals will have a bit of noise at higher gain settings, but if that pedal is the only one that's giving you noise, a different distortion pedal (unless only the ds2 does the exact tone you need) would probably be cheaper than a noise gate
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?