I'm not sure if this is the right sub forum for this question but i have a LTD EC1000 and i just started getting buzz on the low e string only. It sounds like it's coming from inbetween the bridge and the saddle. In fact when i hold my finger on the string behind the bridge the buzz is completely gone.

Is there something i can do myself or am i going to need to take it to get repaired?
Thanks in advance and sorry if im in the wrong forum.
First of all, don't freak out! Such buzzing sounds rear their ugly heads from time to time, and it is usually a very easy fix. Since you have located the source of the annoying buzz to the region of the bridge saddle, there is an excellent chance that the culprit is either (a.) a loose screw, or (b.) the saddle does not rest evenly because of a mis-adjusted screw. Since your EC1000 has a tune-o-matic style bridge, you can discount option "B." Make sure that the saddle is not loose inside its place in the bridge. It should not move freely. Second, examine the slot (it is very tiny) in the bridge saddle and make sure that (a.) the string is actually in the slot, and (b.) the slot is wide enough and deep enough to hold the string in place. If it is a matter of the string not fitting inside the slot in the bridge saddle, a few passes with a triangular file will cure the problem. If you do not have such a file, it is a very easy and quick job for a guitar tech.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Thank you! that was the problem. I put skinny top heavy bottoms on it and the low e was just a little too thick for it. I don't have a file to use so for now i put back on regular slinkies and the buzz is gone.

Another question, if i file the slot open to fit the skinny top heavy bottom strings, will the slot be too big if I decide to go back to regular slinkys?

Thanks again FatalGear