I have a power supply which can have a maximum of 500 mA

The pedals I have powered with it are:

Klone V2: 45 mA
Digitech Whammy DT: 288 mA
Pollyanna Octave: 6 mA
Polytune: 40 mA

This makes a total of 379 mA, which should be no problem, however:

My power supply sometimes lose power, when I for example bump it with my foot.
There's a lot of static coming from my amp because of my power supply (disconnecting my Whammy removes the static).

So what's wrong? Is my power supply broken?
They normally say to stay well below your max- i.e. 50% or less. Dunno how important that is, but that's what i've heard. Hopefully one of the other more electrically-minded people round here will be able to help more.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wouldn't bother me to load it to the max rating. I suspect most pedal requirements are conservative and don't draw as much as they state. The losing power part is more likely related to the cable and connectors. You may want to run the whammy off a separate supply for other reasons. It could be putting digital noise on the power that's affecting your other pedals.

Also a supply that's not regulated may be putting 60hz noise on the power that's causing some problems. IOW it just may not be a suitable supply regardless of power rating.
Quote by Dave_Mc
They normally say to stay well below your max- i.e. 50% or less. Dunno how important that is, but that's what i've heard. Hopefully one of the other more electrically-minded people round here will be able to help more.

I try to go no higher than 75% - 80% max rating.
But I'm very conservative in that regard.
50% or less would just be a waste IMO.
If you have a 500mA PS, I would try to keep the current draw under 450mA.

But as fly said most ratings (on both ends) are usually conservative.
Also, keep in mind, when a pedal is bypassed, it will generally use around 10mA less juice. That's about how much the average LED uses.
Good point. Deferred
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?