Hi,
I want to change my strat bridge pup to more agressive/ rock/ punchy buttom end single size pup. I usually play rock/blues but sometimes want to rock harder using the B pup on my strat. Which you recomend? I have my eyes on SD jbj , hotrails , Dmz super Distortion...but all is welcome.
thnx
only one i have experience with is the hotrails (and not much experience at that)- i'd say it's too hot for what you want, i'd probably strike it off the list of possibles.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hot rails, cool rails, classic rails, JB all sound pretty good. I have a cool rails which does classic rock and also surf tones. The JB leans more 80s
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
There's probably a humbucker cavity under the scratchplate. If so, you could run a real humbucker. HSS start scratchplates are a dime a dozen.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ good call
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
only one i have experience with is the hotrails (and not much experience at that)- i'd say it's too hot for what you want, i'd probably strike it off the list of possibles.

Why do do you theyl be too hot for me? you mean too bright? im looking for a metallish tone at the bridge tough not too brighty and preferably not too much ioncrease in volume when changing Pups
too much output (which results in too much distortion and compression).

if you want metal tones it'd probably be ok, but you said in your original post you mainly played rock/blues.

you're gonna get an increase in volume with a hotter pickup. that's pretty much par for the course. if you want to avoid that, get a less hot pickup and maybe use an od pedal as a boost when you need heavier tones.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you're wanting a true HB with more 80s metalish tones but also the ability to still do some classic rock, the Tesla VR-Extreme is a good option.

Also the RailHammer Chisel could do the job.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Maybe try an SD Quarter Pounder. Its a bit hotter than the average single coil and is good for chunky, gainier yet vintage-ish, classic rock-ish tone. It sounds euphoric with a fuzz pedal through a good amp!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20