Hello,
I have a Jackson Dinky Js23 with a SSH pickup configuration. The stock pickups are pretty bad and I'd like to have something better. I use the single coil in the neck position for soloing, the single coil in the middle position for rock licks and rhythm and the humbucker for metal riffs and rhythm.
I'd like to change them to have better ones, they have to be passives of course.
My budget for all of them together is 150€.
Amp?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
My amp is a Marshall JVM 410H with a 2x12 harley benton vintage cab loaded with celestion v30s
Gonna say a seymour duncan JB/custom/distortion in the bridge, Mini 59 in the neck and a stacked single in the middle?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
What is the tone of the stock pups and what frequencies do you want emphasized?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
when you say solos in the neck do you mean high gain solos? A lot of players use a not-too-high output neck pickup even if playing higher gain stuff since it tends to sound clearer. so that'd be worth considering. though admittedly they often use humbuckers for that, you might need a slightly higher output single coil.

Do you want noiseless for the singles?

what do you mean by "rock licks"? if you could list some bands/guitar players whose tones you like that'd be helpful.

what do you mean by "metal"? again, helps if you list bands/guitar players.

What country are you in? are you willing to go used? (affects prices) EDIT: ah i saw your other thread, italy/austria.

Sorry for all the questions Just it's hard to advise without knowing all that stuff.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 24, 2014,
First of all thanks for your answers
Here are my answers to your questions:

I'd like to have it very mid focused. By solos I mean mid and high gain solos yes. Noiseless single coils would be good to have for sure. By rock licks I mean Led Zeppelin kind of licks. By metal I mean iron maiden, metallica, megadeth, volbeat...
I think with that amp, you should be reaching for a better guitar. But if you really like what you have and it's comfortable to you, that's all that matters. I say JB in the bridge, Lil' 59 in the middle, and a Cool Rails in the neck.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
Quote by Jayerrr

I'd like to have it very mid focused. By solos I mean mid and high gain solos yes. Noiseless single coils would be good to have for sure. By rock licks I mean Led Zeppelin kind of licks. By metal I mean iron maiden, metallica, megadeth, volbeat...

Check out:

Bridge: DiMarzio Dominion Bridge or Seymour Duncan Custom SH-5
Middle: DiMarzio Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues 2 or Seymour Duncan Custom Stack Plus STK-S6
Neck: DiMarzio Injector Neck or Seymour Duncan Hot Rails SHR-1
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I will buy I better guitar in the future but for now I just want to improve sound without spending too much
Hot rail neck, Super Distortion Bridge. I wouldn't use the hot rails neck with something brighter than it. Middle, I guess the Lil 59.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by Jayerrr
I will buy I better guitar in the future but for now I just want to improve sound without spending too much

No no no no no, stick with what you have now and play around with it and wait till you get a MUCH better one in the near future.
Quote by Jayerrr

thanks

do you want the single coils to sound more like single coils or more like humbuckers?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks

I'd probably look more at the rail-type pickups (or dual polepiece ones like the lil 59 or jb jr) rather than the stack-style ones (which look like regular single coils). I can't recommend any specific ones since I haven't tried any I've liked (but I haven't tried all that many).

if you want mids for the humbucker the JB suggestion above is probably pretty sound. tone zone or super distortion from dimarzio would also work, but might be too dark for the tones you want.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?