Poll: Do you agree with these comments?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you agree with these comments?
Like it
9 32%
Love it!
13 46%
Hate them, Boooooooo!!!!!
6 21%
Voters: 28.
Page 1 of 4
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/gary-oldman-blasts-liberal-hollywood-defends-mel-gibson-and-alec-baldwin-1201243936/

As stated in the title, I love this man. A top 5 actor for the last 20 years, and now this wonderful man spouts delicious gold

Did I say I love Gary Oldman?

Anyways, how do you feel about his statements?
When Jonah Hill told a paparazzo to "suck my **** ******" or something like that, and it turned into this big thing, I thought that was kind of silly.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
i think they're garbage and i shouldn't have read them.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I was fine with the first few lines but not the anti-semitism.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
dumb
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
don't give a shit
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
He called out hypocrisy, that's cool.

The rest just makes him sound like a bored conservative
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Well he's a turd.

Bitching about what you can and cannot get away with saying just means you're a prejudiced pile of shit who thinks its everyone else's fault rather than owning up to it.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Bill Maher could call someone a fag and get away with it. He said to Seth MacFarlane this year, ‘I thought you were going to do the Oscars again. Instead they got a lesbian.’ He can say something like that. Is that more or less offensive than Alec Baldwin saying to someone in the street, ‘You fag’?

Less.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by primusfan
Was listening to this tune earlier. Maybe that's why it came to mind. But seems oddly appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nGw_vAnqPI

Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
the fact that you love him for this says a lot about you (that's bad).
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
celebrity culture is poison to society
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by AeroRocker
Less.

Yeah, the reason Jon Stewart can get away with saying potentially offensive things is because he's a talented comedian who makes people laugh and think, not because hes a liberal Jew.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by TheChaz
Lost a lot of respect after reading those comments.

Why?
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by Nero Galon
Why?

Because he's revealed himself to be a racist asshole.
Quote by TheChaz
Because he's revealed himself to be a racist asshole.

I'm pretty sure it's rash judgments like these that caused him to say what he said in the first place.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
I'm pretty sure it's rash judgments like these that caused him to say what he said in the first place.
Yeah, the whole thing is just ehhh. I get what he's going at, the whole hypocrisy bit, but, it's kinda stupid to complain about using gendered insults which make you an ass regardless of political slant or humor. That being said, I don't think Jon Stewart is very funny anyways, and I hate Bill Maher so what the hell do I know? Celebrities are all kinda ****ed.
could you please define "politically correct" and state why it is garbage
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
could you please define "politically correct"
This actually is probably a subject of legitimate contention.
Quote by Eastwinn

i can't say the n word anymore and that pisses me off
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by NathanBForrest
i can't say the n word anymore and that pisses me off

i blame it on the black president
banned
Quote by Eastwinn

i can't be a bigot without getting backlash for it and that pisses me off
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I think it's silly to make the jump that Alec Baldwin hates gay people because he called a souless paparazzo a ******. Who hasn't used the word ****** before? Pretty much my entire childhood was people calling me a ******.
Quote by WaterGod
I think it's silly to make the jump that Alec Baldwin hates gay people because he called a souless paparazzo a ******. Who hasn't used the word ****** before? Pretty much my entire childhood was people calling me a ******.

yeah but you were a child and didnt know that wasnt a cool thing to say

alec baldwin is a ****ing adult

he probably doesnt hate gay people but you cant just go around calling people ******s
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Jun 24, 2014,
Quote by WaterGod

The fact that he's otherwise super liberal in every other way gives him the benefit of the doubt, I think.

Using that word is wrong either way, but if he had a history of anti-gay positions it'd seem more serious.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Because it's turned everyone into pansies. And it was created from garbage, from maryland, for reasons I can't explain.

I'm sorry your white male centric world view is a thing of the past and you can't adapt to the new way of thinking, which in short entails treating everybody like ****ing human beings.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by WaterGod

Basically this. If you've never said something derogatory when you were upset, I guess you're a much better person than I am.

And go fuck yourself.

This isn't to say that saying these things is okay. But there are mitigating factors to take into consideration. It's not this binary black and white thing. We don't have to crucify and publicly shame everyone who says some stupid shit when they're under a microscope every minute of every day.

FWIW, I don't agree with Oldman on the Maher/Baldwin thing. Those are totally different. Maher's making a sarcastic comment while Baldwin was yelling at someone angrily. Though that itself, to me, is a reason to cut him slack. People lose control when they're angry sometimes. Stop being so fucking pious.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jun 24, 2014,
Quote by deadsmileyface
yeah but you were a child and didnt know that wasnt a cool thing to say

alec baldwin is a ****ing adult

I know plenty of adults that use the word ****** to be derogative. Most of these people don't even have a problem with gays either
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Page 1 of 4