Hey guys, Im looking to buy a guitar, not really soon but in about a month or two, and it always comes down to the hardest choice ever, so I wanted to get your guys opinion on which guitar I should get. The guitars i was thinking about were, Chapman guitars, ESP, Ibanez, Kramer, Jackson, and Schecter. Budget is about 600, I play stuff like Van Halen, I own a LTD ec-256, its a good guitar im just ready to upgrade, I live in St louis if that helps any
Last edited by sanjeeb12 at Jun 25, 2014,
Quote by sanjeeb12
I live in STL if that helps any

Not really, I have no idea what that is EDIT: St Louis? That's about the only thing wikipedia is giving that might be right

EDIT #2: what's your amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 25, 2014,
Short Term Lodging?
St. Louis International Airport?
Standard Template Library (C++)?
Standard Tessellation Language?
Stereo Lithography?
My amp is a Bugera 6260, But i also use a marshal jcm2000 tsl sometimes,but my main amp for gigs is the bugera
Thanks. That should be grand.

I'm guessing you want a floyd rose for VH? If so, you sort of need to be careful you get a half-decent one... personally I wouldn't really want anything worse than an FRT-x000.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Not really. I can pull it off without one just with some tricks ive learned. any trem will do, I can just replace the tuners and trem if I have to.
Ah ok. I'm not too well up on USA pricing but maybe some of the Godin superstrats would be worth a look?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Godin Velocity is discontinued, but still easily found. NOS, they go for around $850, used, between $400-550. It has a trem and is HSS.

The Freeway SA (synth access) has sort of supplanted it in the product line. It's a HSH with a nice trem. They're @900 new, but I've seen near mint used ones for $750, and good ones under $700.

The xtSA is another HSH, trem-equipped guitar, similar to the Freeway SA. However, it's basically a LP-style guitar, and doesn't have quite as good pickups as that one. New, it costs @$150 less, on average.

Their Redline HB is a 24-fret hardtail with a pair of their hottest pickups, and retails for @$550 new.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Everything in the Fernandes Online Shop should be in your price range- they're having a clearance sale.

http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Something by Schecter? I know they're well priced over in the states. Might be biased cause I love my ATX V though.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100