Page 1 of 2
what albums remind you of when you were a kid and what connection do they have to your childhood?

credit: lolmnt, baby joel, phils i came with this all by myself

to answer my own question, my mom would play a lot of Norah Jones and Carol King in the car. The song "Tapestries" by Carol King gets me every time yo
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Jun 24, 2014,
good thread

*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
korn - korn
korn - life is peachy
korn - follow the leader
korn - issues
korn - untouchables
korn - take a look in the mirror
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Rod Stewart's Greatest Hits. Shudder.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Burgery
korn - life is peachy

for real though

i still love this album
i don't know why i feel so dry
Well i am a teen so i'm close to childhood :/ but....i believe my very first album was chronicles by ccr. Now i have around 60 cds
Quote by Eastwinn
for real though

i still love this album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRz-yw-wp34
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I didn't really listen to anything myself until I was probably 12 or so. Just didn't care about music at all before then. So anything I remember would just be something my parents would listen to. I wouldn't go out of my way to really listen to any of them, but if they came on they would probably make me happy and I would most likely know all the words

Graceland by Paul Simon, anything that Johnny Cash wrote, and the Pulp Fiction Soundtrack are the big three. They bring back the most memories of like summer, and being in the car going on vacation or something. Like if some of those songs start I can pretty vividly remember being 8 or 9 and in the back seat driving 8 hours to visit my aunt on Martha's Vineyard or something. Make me feel all good. Also sad tho at the same time :/
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jun 24, 2014,
I was hoping this wouldn't turn into a "what music did you used to like" thread and would be more emotional or somethin.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
the refused - the shape of punk to come

really didnt get into music as much as i am now until listening to this. my life would be totally different if not for that album
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
The first record I ever owned was Metallica's Load and ReLoad. Despite the hate they get, they hold sentimental value to me.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Billy Joel was the first time I ever got into music, so that's definitely up there. Also Simon and Garfunkel and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. nd Chicago. so much Chicago
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by lolmnt
I was hoping this wouldn't turn into a "what music did you used to like" thread and would be more emotional or somethin.

To this day when I hear the song "Maggie May" I'm filled with anger.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by CL/\SH
the refused - the shape of punk to come

really didnt get into music as much as i am now until listening to this

wweeeeiiiiirrdddd i was listening to this like an hour ago
banned
Quote by lolmnt

yea, my post is out of place now :/
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jun 24, 2014,
Quote by lolmnt

be the change nigga
Quote by WCPhils
yea, my post is out of place now :/

tragic
Quote by korinaflyingv
Only the stuff My parents used to listen to, The Doors and The Animals stand out the most, probably because of the keyboards.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by lolmnt

the thing is, you can't make those nostalgic feelings appear out of nowhere.

that's part of what makes them so special i think.
Quote by Eastwinn
the thing is, you can't make those nostalgic feelings appear out of nowhere.

that's part of what makes them so special i think.

so go listen to those jams you crazy kids!
banned
The foo fighters the color and the shape
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Quote by lolmnt

yup.
Quote by deadsmileyface

to answer my own question, my mom would play a lot of Norah Jones and Carol King in the car. The song "Tapestries" by Carol King gets me every time yo

same
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by blake1221
yup.

well blake, instead of just saying yup why dont you contribute something bud?
Quote by WCPhils
same

see phils we can get along
banned
Quote by lolmnt

I'm trying but all of mine are basically 'this song makes me nostalgic of times spent with *this person*' which isn't very interesting.

The most important of these is rather embarrassing.

Whenever my friend and I (we live in different cities now) see each other we have a corny ending ceremony involving this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQXVzg2PiZw

It's not as bad as you guys think.
The Colour and the Shape - listened to this a ton from 1997 onward. Specifically listened on repeat on 9/11

Nevermind

Bringing Down The Horse - first CD I remember buying

Yourself or Someone Like You

Sublime

Floored

From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah

Various compilation albums. Used to buy a lot of those. X Games Vol 1 and 2. Dangerous Minds soundtrack. Scream 2 soundtrack. A 120 Minutes Live CD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OHUrzjfSXY
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jun 25, 2014,
Quote by deadsmileyface
well blake, instead of just saying yup why dont you contribute something bud?

nah.
Quote by deadsmileyface
so go listen to those jams you crazy kids!

if i listen to stuff from when i was kid it doesn't always hit me.

luckily though, every time, and i mean every time i listen to Head Over Heels by Tears For Fears it reminds me of going to elementary school. every day my mom would play the cassette in the car and skip it to that song for me. we'd pull up to the carpool lane and she'd be all "laaaa da da da da, la da da da da da, laaaa laaaa laaaa laaaa la la"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYx8IHJ9dWE

funny how time flies
Quote by deadsmileyface

see phils we can get along

maybe
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by deadsmileyface
hmph

alright bud

these are the songs that sonically take me back to growing up in maryland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZRL83guHtw (actually should be titled lucky no. 3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-HUFnHIbbA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixeslb5t43U (one of my and my dad's favorite songs, made me super appreciative to this day that I can't relate to this song in the slightest bit)
Quote by Eastwinn
if i listen to stuff from when i was kid it doesn't always hit me.

luckily though, every time, and i mean every time i listen to Head Over Heels by Tears For Fears it reminds me of going to elementary school. every day my mom would play the cassette in the car and skip it to that song for me. we'd pull up to the carpool lane and she'd be all "laaaa da da da da, la da da da da da, laaaa laaaa laaaa laaaa la la"

that is a very touching story ean, thank you for contributing unlike some other people

EDIT:

Quote by blake1221
alright bud

these are the songs that sonically take me back to growing up in maryland

thank you blake <3

also that everclear song made me cry once when i was a lad because my parents are divorced and my dad lives far away
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Jun 25, 2014,
this shit was my jam when i hit my pre-bipolar depressive phase around 8th to 9th grade. i still really like a few staind songs just cause they were on the radio so much. i have a few of their albums but i only listen occasionally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaQgPtR75FY

their unplugged is 1000x better than anything else they ever did i listened to it as i was withdrawing recently. it was actually fairly relevant and not to get sappy but listen to this guy struggle made feel a little stronger. seriously, i almost want to email him or something and tell him. here's the unplugged version, it's obv better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMJ0fOBjmzA
Goin Back to Texas by Don Edwards cuz when I was 7 we were driving to Arizona for the first time that I can remember, this was in the car and I listened to it nonstop for a few months after. (later that year, we actually did drive to Texas to meet the doctor who delivered me when I was born and this was still in the car so that worked out well). We didn't own a car at the time since it was too expensive, just rented when necessary, so one time we left it behind by accident and spent months looking for a new one in every CD store we came across. I was so so so upset and we did find a lot of other don edwards albums which we bought but not this one. Finally, many years later, my dad ordered it on amazon for my birthday. Everyone I knew thought I was weird for listening to it and then they put one of the songs in Grizzly Man so suddenly they changed their minds about it lol.

A few months before all this I went to Disneyland because it's the happiest place on earth and got a Disney album from the store there. It became my "driving within California" album and i remember the first song on it was you've got a friend in me, then hakuna matata, then go the distance. One time we went to tahoe with my cousin's family and I accidentally threw a snowball at her (was aiming for my grandma) and she got mad at me and on the way back, broke the CD in half. I was so sad and I am still very sad because I don't remember what it was called but I still remember what the cover looked like. My aunt bought me a Disney cassette/songbook to make up for it (it had the tiki room song, 3 grinning ghosts, and the yo ho pirates song. I still have the songbook!
cat
I didn't really listen to much music until I was 12 or so. But I remember one of the first albums I got into was Toxicity by System Of A Down. Still one of my favorite bands.
the only thing i can think of is All-American Rejects were my favorite band in 5th grade and the first band i was really into. when i first started getting to really know my best friend was around this time and we were sitting by each other in our mandatory choir class. for some reason he opened up his folder and inside was a Move Along cd and it made me think "omg this friendship cannot be broken now" and i've never really freaked out about music with anyone before that
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Job For A Cowboy's "Doom" EP and the Palaces album from Lamb of God hold a special place in my heart because that's what I was listening to a lot in 8th grade when I started to really get into music. Anytime I listen to those or really anything from that era I have flashbacks to when I was like 12 or 13 walking to/from school in the winter and getting rides from random strangers in sketchy cars
Page 1 of 2