Hi. I've had a Dean Vendetta XMT for a long time and I always wanted na SG. However, everytime I tryed one new at the music store the sound was different and confused me a lot, also the prices were way to high. So I decided to build my own guitar with a friend who has repaired a few. The big question is: which pickups should I use?
I've done some research and it looks like the 59s seems like a good pickup for the neck, but what about the bridge? I want to play mostly blues, classic rock and some hard-rock, like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and legends like Santana and Buckethead. I also love ZZ Top. These are the top references of bands I play. Any advice?
Really depends on how much you want to play. There are tons of pickups out there though and a lot of times you have to take a leap of faith and hope for the best. For the blues and classic rock a 59 in the bridge as well could be good, or a pearly gates. I think Mark from LoG used a 59 set for a while so they should be versatile enough
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
^ yeah something pafy in the neck and pafy or hot pafy in the bridge would likely be the thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?