Somewhere in early July I'm planning to buy this guitar
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPMM142WSC-14
I'm thinking of changing the P90's to Humbuckers to avoid any hums like my Ibanez bass does xD tho my strat's humming irk me alot. I had to use a noise filter to cut off the noise in full depth.
I'm not sure whether any Humbucker pickups would fit in the slot. Lol! I don't mod that much, so I want to hear your opinions or thoughts to this guitar. Appreciate it!
Putting humbuckers into an LPMM will require routing out bigger pickup holes. It would be less expensive and less hassle to just buy an LPJ model that comes with humbuckers.
Most HBs won't fit in a P90 route, but some miniHBs do. You'll have to check the dimensions of the routes vs the product specs. Check out Gibson and Lollar.

You could also contact a custom winder, like The Creamery or Vintage Vibe.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 25, 2014,
Quote by kuchiki1o
Somewhere in early July I'm planning to buy this guitar
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPMM142WSC-14
I'm thinking of changing the P90's to Humbuckers to avoid any hums like my Ibanez bass does xD tho my strat's humming irk me alot. I had to use a noise filter to cut off the noise in full depth.!

I'm not sure why you'd buy a brand new P90 guitar, then.

Humbuckers aren't the only way to get rid of noise -- one of the best P90's on the market is the Kinman Noiseless: http://www.kinman.com/guitar-pickups/p90/

If you want HBs, just buy a LP Studio. It really is that simple.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by dspellman

Missed that- for some reason, I thought we were talking about a guitar he already had.

He raises a good point- if you don't want P90s, why buy a guitar with P90s and mod it? Why not just buy a guitar with HBs?

(Also, SOME guitars with P90s and other single coils are made in a way as to cancel hum...)

Bonus question: what style of music are you planning to play with your next guitar purchase?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 25, 2014,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Missed that- for some reason, I thought we were talking about a guitar he already had.

He raises a good point- if you don't want P90s, why buy a guitar with P90s and mod it? Why not just buy a guitar with HBs?

(Also, SOME guitars with P90s and other single coils are made in a way as to cancel hum...)

Bonus question: what style of music are you planning to play with your next guitar purchase?

I play more of alternative rock and post-hardcore, so it'll be the same if I purchase that guitar.

I'm kinda short right now and that's all I could afford now. I just thought that I would mod this guitar somewhere in the future, but HB's don't seem to fit in the slot, I'm kind of curious that's it LOL.

I think I would agree with jpnyc and wait until I can buy LPJ instead. LP Studio is already pricey and is out of my reach.
Quote by dspellman

Humbuckers aren't the only way to get rid of noise -- one of the best P90's on the market is the Kinman Noiseless: http://www.kinman.com/guitar-pickups/p90/

I'm not sure whether to buy this just planning. If ever I buy this guitar maybe I'll go for those pickups. I'm thinking of LPJ tho it's a little bit expensive than the one with P90's. The truth is I couldn't afford LPJ, so I might have to wait.
Quote by kuchiki1o
I
I'm kinda short right now and that's all I could afford now. I just thought that I would mod this guitar somewhere in the future, but HB's don't seem to fit in the slot, I'm kind of curious that's it LOL.

Dude, for $750-850- the cost of that guitar plus the cost of replacement pickups- you should be able to find all kinds of HH guitars.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Dude, for $750-850- the cost of that guitar plus the cost of replacement pickups- you should be able to find all kinds of HH guitars.

So my final decision is go with LPJ instead, but I have to wait. Better than wait than regret. Well thank you and thank you to everyone xD.