I have tried the pulling with a cloth trick and they won't come off. There doesn't appear to be any set screws or anything. I can't get the knob off whatever I do.

double and triple check for a grub screw of some kind. It you are sure it doesn't have one and the cloth trick doesn't work then try sliding a credit card under the knob. Then the card should protect the guitar enough that you can pry with a small flat screwdriver. I'd still try the cloth trick again 1st though.
Not taking any online orders.
Is there any other weird way? There are no visible screws. The gap between the knob and the guitar is barely big enough the get a sheet under there. I'll try prying with spoons, but I Doubt they are the pop off kind with all the force they are requiring, and still not coming off.
Maybe you can tighten the pot from the back? Remove the access panel and see if there's a nut against the body that you could tighten. Hold the pot in place so the wires don't move when you tighten the nut.
Last edited by Guitbuilder at Jun 25, 2014,
On the back there just appears to be washer- type spacers. Also When I look under the knob on the front there doesn't look to be a nut like what should be. I am mind blown. Didn't know it could be this hard.

Quote by jaelen.j.johnso
Is there any other weird way? There are no visible screws. The gap between the knob and the guitar is barely big enough the get a sheet under there. I'll try prying with spoons, but I Doubt they are the pop off kind with all the force they are requiring, and still not coming off.

Use the credit card or similar as protection for the finish, then try something strong and flat like a ******* knife blade that you cane use like a wedge as well as just a pry bar.

At worst, you could destroy the pot from the back and fit a new one; they aren't expensive.
IF you do manage to get a card under there, steel wire would work well too. Wrap it around the stem and pull up. Make sure the finish is protected first though.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
All of the ideas listed in this thread are good ones to try. If nothing works A lot of music shops will replace a pot for $5 or $10 if you buy the new pot from them too. So take it in and say you want the pot replaced and let them worry about taking it apart. It's not ideal but at least it gets fixed and you know that if anything is damaged the music shop will be responsible for making it good again.

Or if you are set on doing it yourself, as a last resort, there are always vice grips. Wrap a cloth around the knob and then clamp the vice grips down and pull. Even when taking precautions there is a very high chance that the knob and pot will be ruined in the vice grips method so it's a very last resort way of doing things and if all goes well it's free, but more likely than not you will be stuck replacing the knob and pot.
Not taking any online orders.
Chances are good the knobs are like the ones on an Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy I have. They were REALLY tight. I managed to get them off, but it pulled the shaft out of the pot first. But that made it easier to get the shaft out of the knob...
Quote by Preacher403
Chances are good the knobs are like the ones on an Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy I have. They were REALLY tight. I managed to get them off, but it pulled the shaft out of the pot first. But that made it easier to get the shaft out of the knob...

Ha thats what happened to me. I had to use water pump pliers with a rag around the knob. I managed to get the shaft back in, but now the tone control is basically all or nothing with a little glitchy control in-between. I guess I will buy a new one if it bothers me too much, but I don't use the knob much( nor the guitar sadly ) Thanks for all your help.
Last edited by jaelen.j.johnso at Jun 27, 2014,