12 20%
Yes I sometimes go alone and wish not to be disturbed
35 57%
I dont go to concerts
4 7%
I go alone and grind on chicks all day
10 16%
Voters: 61.
I went to laneway last year with 4 other people but I might as well have been alone because they spent the whole day inside a mall to avoid sunburn and only came out for the last 4 hours

It was probably better without them because I don't even like the same music as them
cat
I have a buddy where we have a general consensus that we drag each other to weird gigs that the one person is really into so not really.
I so0metimes go to gigs alone, but only when my mates are broke.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
The thought of being alone in a tightly packed crowd of people makes me so nervous that I would vomit
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
I mostly go to gigs with my friends or atleast my girlfriend. in 2 Weeks there will be Neil young gig and im planning to go alone because most of my friends dont enjoy it. My girlfriend doesnt know any songs of him... So yeah I dont want to go with my friends and feel responsible for them...

then again there was Pixies' gig yesterday night and it was amazing. Best concert ive been to. My girlfriend only knew 1 song of them (yeah where is my mind) and still she was AMAZED.
I go to a fair few raves on my own.

The one night ones are fun because you can just totally invest yourself in dancing for the whole night.

The 3-day Psy parties are great because you end up spending the weekend with a group of mates you've just made there, you'll always see them at more eventa at you actually do get genuine friendships.

It's great.
I only ever go alone because I don't have any friendships that are of significant depth and as well as not inconvenienced by distance to go with someone.

Been going alone regularly for like 10 yrs now. Depending on mood, I might keep to myself or chat a little with randoms. Usually just get a drink and chill with my own company, maybe get into some roughing up if there is some good pit going.

I'm not very fond of weekend gigs because not coming off a day of work like weekday gigs I'm more alert and get bored having no one to talk to. On weekdays I'm usually tired of other people so am cool just ignoring everyone and watching the show.

The best things about going by yourself is you don't have to deal with drama of people not wanting to go to certain things or trying to organise people even turning up to things they like with last minute cancellations and such, and when you're there you can just focus on enjoying the show rather than worrying if they are enjoying themselves or not getting lost. I go to 2-3 gigs a week on average and can't imagine finding someone who would want to go to every differing show I see.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Yup, in fact I'm off to see Mongol Horde on my own on Friday
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
yeah i go alone on occasion. it's actually really nice once you get used to it.
sort of like travelling alone, you're on your own and constricted to your own thoughts etc.. it really helps developing your personality in my experience

Quote by Thrashtastic15
I have a buddy where we have a general consensus that we drag each other to weird gigs that the one person is really into so not really.

sounds like a great deal to me
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
I went to a gig about a month ago, and i wasn't sure if my friends were going to see the support act (who i really wanted to see), so if they were planning on getting there later, i would have gone on my own. Luckily they wanted to catch the whole thing, so that wasn't the case.

So no, i don't go to gigs on my own, but i think if it was a band that i really wanted to see and i wouldn't get another chance, i would be prepared to go on my own.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by theguitarist

The best things about going by yourself is you don't have to deal with drama of people not wanting to go to certain things or trying to organise people even turning up to things they like with last minute cancellations and such, and when you're there you can just focus on enjoying the show rather than worrying if they are enjoying themselves or not getting lost.

this is exactly what I mean
I prefer going alone. I only go to gigs where I really love the band; it's a personal thing, not a social occasion.
Quote by GezzyDiversion
Do I want to go to gigs alone? Nope

But if I really want to see a band and none of my friends like said band, it's not going to stop me from seeing them.

this
I like going with other people if they're into the music too, otherwise I don't mind being there alone. But I don't see live music often.
If someone really isn't having a good time. There isn't a point bringing them is there
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I went to shows alone all the time. Just depends on who wants to go.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

8 out of 10 times I always go alone because of my "different" taste in music. I've even went to several festivals alone camping and shit. Always met people to hang out with. So it can be the same cool experience as if you went with your friends.
Quote by arcanom
I mostly go to gigs with my friends or atleast my girlfriend. in 2 Weeks there will be Neil young gig and im planning to go alone because most of my friends dont enjoy it. My girlfriend doesnt know any songs of him... So yeah I dont want to go with my friends and feel responsible for them...

then again there was Pixies' gig yesterday night and it was amazing. Best concert ive been to. My girlfriend only knew 1 song of them (yeah where is my mind) and still she was AMAZED.

I'm planning to see Neil Young by myself too.
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Nothing wrong with going to a show solo. That's how I met my band's drummer. Good way to find like-minded musicians, honestly.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I've been to a few local shows alone. If there are bands I wanna see play, and no one else wants to go, i'll go.
Only gone to a couple solo. Although usually when I go with people we just split up anyway.
Quote by The Judist
I'm planning to see Neil Young by myself too.

I think its appropriate to see Neil Young all alone. Especially if you are young like I am (18), and from somewhere like where I live (Turkey). Not many at my age enjoy/know him.

Also its always nice to close your eyes and go far far away while he sings "See the sky about to rain". I feel odd when I do that when my friends are around
I'd rather not see a band than go see them alone.
Check out my band Disturbed
I'm going to summerfest alone later today, although I'll likely meet up with some people I know while I'm there.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I've always managed to find someone to go with but the idea of going alone doesn't bother me
I have and I have had fun.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I don't have friends that like music so I don't get to go to gigs because i'm not allowed there alone...

If you want to laugh at me further then here...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1627849

Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Last edited by Nero Galon at Jun 25, 2014,
I don't go alone, mainly because I want to share the experience with someone I know. I would go alone if it was something I really, really wanted to see and my best friend didn't. But if it came to that I would probably just buy his ticket and drag him along.
Shonen Knife will be playing a show in my town in Sept. I'll be going by myself to that.

I don't care.. If it someone/something I want to see, I'll go see them. You've got to be super insecure to not go to something alone.
Most of my friends are broke, so I often do. It's nice though because you tend to be more inclined to talk to people and meet the regulars when you go alone.
can't keep up with the new trends.
sorry, sorry, for myself i don't agree.
no, I always go out eating with my best friends.
it's less than normal.
i don't know why i feel so dry