Hey,
This is my first thread. :-D
I have an electric guitar. And I want to use Guitar Rig 5 software. I downloade just the software, I have no hardware for it like a foot switch or a guitar-usb interface. I learned that a usb sound card can input the guitar's signal to the pc. But the guitar is mono. And the usb sound card is stereo. So I am having just one channel. So what should I do??

The other problem is I don't have a foot switch. I am going to build one with a usb gamepad like

bidyutpathak.blogspot.com/2009/12/home-made-midi-foot-controller-for_02.html?m=1

Will it work with the latest ver??

Thank you :-)
Quote by Sahiru Dilan
Thank you.
But how am I supposed to switch between effects without a footswitch??

Use your mouse. Given your limited resources I'm assuming you're not intending to use this to play gigs, so there's really no hurry to switch, right?

I'm not saying don't build a footswitch, just that I wouldn't consider it your first priority.

GR lets you put a representation of the Rig Kontrol pedal on the screen and switch between presets using your mouse on it just like you would using your feet if you had the actual pedal.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Sahiru Dilan
Thank you.
But how am I supposed to switch between effects without a footswitch??
If it supports MIDI control (which I imagine it does) you could get something like a Behringer FCB1010.
Yeah, it does support midi control.

Though you gotta do a couple things:
-look around for an unbranded guitar link, they are the same thing and they cost 1/4th the money
-go into the recording section and read the stickies
-guitar rig isn't really that good of an amp sim for most stuff.
It has funny effects and it's really nice if you wanna do mostly clean stuff.
Distorted stuff?
Have a look at LePou's stuff, it's free and it sounds better.
For more on this refer to the stickies in the recording section.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Yeah, it does support midi control.

Though you gotta do a couple things:
-look around for an unbranded guitar link, they are the same thing and they cost 1/4th the money
-go into the recording section and read the stickies
-guitar rig isn't really that good of an amp sim for most stuff.
It has funny effects and it's really nice if you wanna do mostly clean stuff.
Distorted stuff?
Have a look at LePou's stuff, it's free and it sounds better.
For more on this refer to the stickies in the recording section.

I suspect GR was 'free' for him as well, and it's easier for a beginner than setting up a DAW and getting the impulses loaded as there's nothing special that needs to be done to run it 'out of the box'.

Other than that, I agree, although I'm not displeased by what I can do with GR5.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin