Hey guys
I own a Musicman JP6 Mystic Dream guitar and I dont really get good tones with it I dont know why.
First I thought the problem was the light tension of my strings..I've changed them from 0,9 to 0,10's.It didnt work.Its feels like guitar doesnt respond to my attacks/hits.I use my both hands hard as i can but still no..

I crank the gain to 10 but still it sounds disgusting and still hard to play..I thought it was caused by my techique than I picked my old Schecter Syn Gates Standart out and it feeled dynamic and it sounded great with low overdrive..
What is the problem?!

thanks
Last edited by gtgates at Jun 25, 2014,
maybe set up badly?

maybe you don't like the stock pickups? (or maybe you need to adjust them?)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sounds like you have your tone knob rolled down.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Adjust pickup height, if your guitar isn't feeling responsive it's a safe bet that they are either to low or you have a wiring problem.
Often in ones madness resides genius. Thus for a mind seeped in madness, the imagination is limitless.
how high is it? unless it's super high it's more likely to be what bigheadclan said (the pickups could also be too high, too). and in fact a lot of people would say that a higher action actually sounds better, since the strings have more room to vibrate (though it does make the guitar a lot harder to play).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
how high is it? unless it's super high it's more likely to be what bigheadclan said (the pickups could also be too high, too). and in fact a lot of people would say that a higher action actually sounds better, since the strings have more room to vibrate (though it does make the guitar a lot harder to play).

strings buzz little bit..not too low.my other guitar's action is lower than that.

and i just learned that jp6's pickups cannot be adjusted.they are locked to the body.
ah right direct mount. there are some things you can do. you could try fiddling with the polepieces for a start, i suppose.

if it's that bad, though, there could be something wrong with the wiring, as bigheadclan said.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?