About 2 months ago I bought a brand new MIM Fender Strat that looks Gilmour-esque. Absolutely love this thing, and am completely happy with it...BUT I've seen a local ad on Craigslist for a 2002 MIK Epi Les Paul Quilt top. The thing is going for $340, and it's in pristine condition (from the pics the guy has sent me). Almost brand new condition... I've got the money, I'm just unclear as to if I should buy it. It's a little bit of a drive to check it out, and I'm looking for some advice to see if I should really be considering this or just let my impulse of buying this on a whim pass by.

HALP ME PLZ.
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Personally I would not by it. Why would I want two Honda Civics in my driveway? Save some money and put it on something a step up.
Quote by B. Heath
About 2 months ago I bought a brand new MIM Fender Strat that looks Gilmour-esque. Absolutely love this thing, and am completely happy with it...BUT I've seen a local ad on Craigslist for a 2002 MIK Epi Les Paul Quilt top. The thing is going for $340, and it's in pristine condition (from the pics the guy has sent me). Almost brand new condition... I've got the money, I'm just unclear as to if I should buy it. It's a little bit of a drive to check it out, and I'm looking for some advice to see if I should really be considering this or just let my impulse of buying this on a whim pass by.

HALP ME PLZ.

Buy it, then sell both the Epi Les Paul and the Stratocaster and get something better.
Quote by badfish_lewis
Personally I would not by it. Why would I want two Honda Civics in my driveway? Save some money and put it on something a step up.

you might need two cars, i suppose.

they're pretty different styles of guitars, i'm not sure that analogy holds...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you want something with humbuckers get it. You can never have to many guitars.
For that money you can find a PRS SE - much better guitar.

You should play an Epi first, mucho uncomfortable compared to the Strat.

Best option - get an amp with that money