I was in the pawn shop earlier today and they had a couple of Marshall MG412A (4x12 I think) cabinets sitting there for about $200 each.

Is this a good cabinet for general rock from clean tones to modern metal with a heavy emphasis on late 80's metal.

Not looking for a great cabinet, just an adequate one that won't hold back an intermediate player.

Thinking of powering it with a valveking that I also saw there for $350ish.

Main guitar is a Fender Strat Blacktop with twin humbuckers. Pedals are buy as needed and currently only have a TS9 and a Metal zone distortion.
nope
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That is all way high priced, give me a budget and I'll find you a great rig for the money
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Check your local craigslist. You can surely find an adequate cab for about $100.
I bought a used Crate 412 cab loaded with Celestions for $50. It is infinitely better than an MG cab. That pawn shop should pay YOU to take the cab away...
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
That cab is bad.

It has the worst guitar speakers I have heard in my life and the build quality sucks.
Don't buy it.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Thanks guys. Glad I asked. Just getting back in guitar after at least 15 or so years off so I am more than a little rusty on what cabs and amps are good.

Not seriously looking for a new amp yet (still knocking all the rust off of my fingers on a Crate GLX30 practice amp) , just keeping an eye out for a good deal and out of everything at the pawn shop that cab and the valve king were the only things that caught my eye so I thought I would ask if they were a good deal

Quote by Robbgnarly
That is all way high priced, give me a budget and I'll find you a great rig for the money

Appreciate it. Budget would be $500ish, but only for a tube amp. I can be flexible if there is a really good one higher. No need to break the bank though, I'm not doing shows or anything...yet, I was just looking for a good general purpose amp for a good price. These days I am just trying to remember what I knew when I was 20.

On a related note, is the valve king a good enough amp if I can get it at a good price? The reviews I read spoke positive of it.
The Valveking is a decent amp. It has a great clean channel and a decent dirty channel. Yes if you can get it for a better price do it. But I would really suggest not getting the MG cab, you can get a nice Marshall 1960A cab for <$350 used at GC
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah the valveking is pretty nice, especially if you get it cheap.

there's a new version out now, I haven't tried the new version.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?