I just ordered a TS-9 Tubescreamer and I'm very exited to recieve it. But I saw the pedal on the internet and it had a knob that said "level". I've seen that most guitarists leave the level knob at 9 o' clock. What does this knob do?
It level the output (volume) you get.

Edit: And just a friendly tip; You should try/learn the stuff you want to buy before actually buying it
Last edited by Taz9 at Jun 25, 2014,
Usually people have the level all the way up and the drive as low as possible. Tone to liking. This is the pedal acting as a clean boost to get the most out of your amp's gain as opposed to getting distortion from the pedal.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
most guitarists who use a ts9 to boost an overdriven amp will have the level knob up full edit: ninja'd
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?