I would love to be able to get as close to this tone as possible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a27oyZIR-ec

What I am working with is a Peavey ValveKing head to a Celestion G12T-75.
Any ideas on what effects and settings to get as close to the tone as possible with Hot Vintage Alnico humbuckers?

I realize that the pickups are not what I need, but it's what I got Let's imagine that I have the Seymour Duncan pups - how would the rest go?
Last edited by DrRus at Jun 25, 2014,
Got any pedals? I think with a tubescreamer type od, chorus and delay, you could do that with your guitar and amp. Seems pretty standard for that genre.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I have no idea what settings, but it's pretty nice vid !
Any decent HB pickups, moderate amp gain, boost and delay for solo, chorus and delay on arpeggio backing guitar, adjust tone to taste, good pair of hands. This gal can play.

Easily done with a Pod/Tonelab/Zoom DME.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Cajundaddy

Easily done with a Pod/Tonelab/Zoom DME.

Can you elaborate on this? I don't have a Tonelab, but do have a Vox VT20 amp, which from the looks of it is essentially the same thing, but with a speaker

Got any pedals? I think with a tubescreamer type od, chorus and delay, you could do that with your guitar and amp. Seems pretty standard for that genre.

I've been looking for a reason to spend the money on a tubescreamer
Looks like a Line 6 GX is being used to record. The amp may be just for show. For all we know that's just Pod Farm you are hearing.
^ yeah

assuming it's the amp (or he wants to make his VK sound like that) probably a tubescreamer-style od used as a boost, to increase saturation and smooth things out. the g12t75 won't be helping with smoothness, it's scooped and a bit fizzy (don't get me wrong, it's good for some things).

delay pedal wouldn't hurt either.

EDIT: that was some nice playing in the vid
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DrRus
Can you elaborate on this? I don't have a Tonelab, but do have a Vox VT20 amp, which from the looks of it is essentially the same thing, but with a speaker

I've been looking for a reason to spend the money on a tubescreamer

There are about 5 different guitar tracks in that vid so pick the one you want first. I assume the lead solo?

A TS9 in front of a Vox VT won't get you there, Vypyr?? I don't know. They generally conflict with the front end of a modeling amp. Dial in moderate amp gain with bridge pickup, roll off the guitar tone a little to smooth it out. Add delay carefully with tap and get the beat and duration right. Adjust amp gain and tone as needed. Maybe some added compression. Play.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jun 26, 2014,
Same cable going from the guitar into the Line 6. Has to be Pod Farm short of using it as an interface to some other software simulator, or just happens to have two of the same cable.

There's your answer. Go get a multifx.
I hate that she is that much better than me.

The reasons you like that tone so much are probably because it was processed, and shes a really good player.

Its actually not too hard to get if you mic your amp up and layer some tracks.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

Quote by fly135
Same cable going from the guitar into the Line 6. Has to be Pod Farm short of using it as an interface to some other software simulator, or just happens to have two of the same cable.

There's your answer. Go get a multifx.

No doubt it's all Line 6 and nothing to do with the amp.
She is listing:
Gear used:
Ibanez RG 1570 Prestige with Seymour Duncan Full Shred Trembucker and Humbucker & Cool rails pickups
HESU clear cables
ENGL Fireball 60W (rhythm guitars)
Line 6 GX (solo guitar)
HESU Cabinet 412 (celestion vintage 30)
Shure SM57
Presonus Audiobox 44VSL

But if I got an miltiFX I wouldn't know what to do with it I was so frustrated with the Vox VT20 that has been sitting in my basement for a long time.

I was looking for a simpler way to recreated or come close to it. The Line 6, after all, will be emulating a bunch of effects, no?
So far I get TS+Chorus+Delay. I don't have the TS so I will get it and give it a go.

P.S. She is indeed very good!
^ bear in mind you don't have to fork out $200 for a ts808. a bad monkey will get close enough to let you see if it's what you need, for a lot less money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
for the clean id say,
flanger with a little bit of chorus
as for settings try: low: 60-70%, Mid: 40% and High: 30%

The lead honestly sounds kind of standard,
Maybe Gain: 50% Low: 40% Mid 60%, High 60%
but this is just based on assumption, go from there if its not what you like.
Well, since she is using only multiFX, I found a cheap DigiTech P355 and will play with it when I find some time, see if I can come close