my lifes shit where I am, and I absolutely gotta go, record isnt clean so military is out, and my gpa with my associates wasnt good (because I dual majored in music and ****ed off a semester of music, only finished liberal arts), 2.87, but I can get in some places, so thats what im going to do so I can get loans to get the **** out of the dead end dump I live in, where I happen to have many enemies and few friends.

but the question is, with a liberal arts associates, what the **** can I really major in? If I choose a path like engineering, I have to virtually throw away all coursework and start from scratch, and tbh, I dont think I can do it, I dont know the math and am scared of it. thats what stopped me from computer science too - although I could probably manage that.

realistically rn its looking like my only real career option might be to stick with humanities, get a better GPA for my bachelors and do law school. not that im particularly happy with any of these options.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
music tech
your country doesn't really have any fantastic universities for music tech but it doesn't sound like you need it to be fantastic

i'm a music tech graduate and i get offers for engineering/comp sci work so srsly think about it if you're still interested in music
Quote by captainsnazz
your country doesn't really have any fantastic universities for music tech

jesus wept
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Major in being a rent boy?

You must have majored in being a right prick
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
I'd say a 2.87GPA is actually solid. Yeah, 3.0 is better. But hey...

Anyway, if you're an analytical person who likes logic and problem solving, I would say either major in Computer Science. There's not really a ton of math involved in computer science; I mean, there's some. But it's not like you'd have to take a ton of math courses. I would say most of your credits would transfer as generals for that type of program too, although that would obviously depend on the school. Also, if you can attend a state university, that would be a good option...unless you mean you want to get out of state.

Edit:
If you have questions about that, I can probably answer some. I graduated here in May, majored in Comp Sci and minored in Math. So, let me know if you have any questions. PM me, ask here, whatever.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jun 26, 2014,
Quote by CL/\SH
You must have majored in being a right prick

No, I'm self taught at that, cuntbag.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I'd say a 2.87GPA is actually solid.

But it's not.

Can I recommend something really easy? Communications.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by spiroth10
I dont know the math and am scared of it. thats what stopped me from computer science too - although I could probably manage that.

I recommend it. I only had to take statistics for my degree, which was easy as hell, but the requirements might be different for different places.

realistically rn its looking like my only real career option might be to stick with humanities, get a better GPA for my bachelors and do law school. not that im particularly happy with any of these options.

Don't do that. It sounds like you've given up on what you wanted to do and now you want to do something that's actually useful and will get you somewhere. If that's really how it is, go computer science. You may not get a cushy programming job, but worst case scenario is you can get an IT gig somewhere.

tl;dr Technology is the way of the future, maaaannnnnn
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I'm self taught at that, cuntbag.

Congrats, your parents must be thrilled
GPA means jack shit outside of college. I graduated with an engineering degree recently and in over 10 interviews more than half of them never even asked what mine was. Club work internships and co ops are way more important.

And sure math sucks I was awful at it in high school but if engineering seriously interests you and you put in the time learning it you will get better at it. Not to mention an associates degree should take care of at least some of the gen ed crap you need to graduate so you might not be starting from complete scratch
My Shit:
ESP Eclipse, ESP Horizon III, PRS Mushok Baritone
Laney Ironheart Studio, Blackstar Ht-40
just stop going to school and become a janitor
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
If you're serious about law school, pick the easiest major you can and get your GPA as high as possible. What your major is, at least for admissions purposes, really doesn't matter.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
What exactly would you focus on in computer science without a good math background? Basic programming, network administration, database administration?

Have you considered learning a trade instead of getting a degree?

Edit: how about systems analysis and software engineering?
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Jun 26, 2014,
Quote by Woffelz
But will the college degree pay off though?

Most likely not, Former College Recruiter here and current Staffing Recruiter for Marketing/Creative positions.

Most degrees do not mean crap, honestly, sorry to burst the bubble. A couple that do:
-Engineering
-Computer Science (hottest job market hands down, best pay as well)
-Design (graphic/web)

If none of those fit your fancy get a business degree.
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Last edited by thejester at Jun 26, 2014,
do business if you're not good at anything else.

im doing supply chain management major, then im gonna try for law school later.

i was gonna do engineering then medical school, but **** it, im so damn lazy and i do not want waste my 20's behind a desk.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Figure out what you do well and have aptitude in. Do that. Language arts, technical ability, music, art, math, science. Get a job as a night janitor, live small and go to school without a bunch of crushing student loan debt at the end.

With an AA degree, Radiologic technology or MRI is typically a 1 yr program. Great job anywhere in the country making $50-100k. Do it.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
LOL at the Liberal arts major.

I'm going to tell you the hardest lesson I had to learn while figuring out my own shit. Getting a degree doesn't guarantee a job it just means you are now qualified for one. QUALIFIED! The only guarantee is this: You are going to have to work your ass off no matter what. Because the only thing that will land you a job after graduation is you.

So instead of asking on the internet what you should do, ask yourself what you want to do. Then after you figure out what your true passion is you need to reach a realistic compromise. People seem to forget that a JOB and a HOBBY are somethings that should never be put together. Instead get a degree in something that is related to your passion.

LOL Law School?... you haven't even started that shit and you're already unhappy about it? sounds like a red flag dude. Get your shit together it's embarrassing. Or don't listen to me I really don't care. After all i'm just some random dude on the internet.
It doesn't matter what degree you get. If you don't know how to talk to people, you're fighting an uphill battle.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by strictly-diesel
GPA means jack shit outside of college. I graduated with an engineering degree recently and in over 10 interviews more than half of them never even asked what mine was. Club work internships and co ops are way more important.

And sure math sucks I was awful at it in high school but if engineering seriously interests you and you put in the time learning it you will get better at it. Not to mention an associates degree should take care of at least some of the gen ed crap you need to graduate so you might not be starting from complete scratch

This. I ****ed around in college, got a below 3 gpa, and in three interviews along with countless jobs I applied to, I never had to give out my gpa. Now granted, it probably does help to put 3.5 or whatever on your resume. But regardless I got a job right out of college without that.

^ That too. gotta kill the interview.
Last edited by chev311e at Jun 26, 2014,
Quote by Xiaoxi
It doesn't matter what degree you get. If you don't know how to talk to people, you're fighting an uphill battle.

I don't know about that. Get a master's degree in computer science with a focus on business intelligence and just shut up and take their money.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
I don't know about that. Get a master's degree in computer science with a focus on business intelligence and just shut up and take their money.

Sure, there are a few fields that are not based on implied nepotism, but trust me, nepotism rules most things in life.

And just to make certain you're not taking that literally, I'm not talking about family members. Not necessarily anyway.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

This, though like another poster mentioned, if you go into something like computer science or engineering you'll have a leg up.

Here's something school doesn't go out of its way to teach you: socializing with people and making contacts. If you and douchehat mcgee have the same qualifications, but douchehat has a friend in the company or is much better at getting on the goodside of the interviewer and showing that interviewer he's ecstatic about the job and is good for the job, douchehat gets the job every time. In real life, you have to make friends with people. You have to be personable. You have to be open to mew experiences and show others you're progressive in life and not close minded.

The whole snobby internet personality that 99% of the people on this site employ is a sure way to not only snub you of some opportunities in life, but make others have a low opinion of you. Sure, what people think of you isn't everything. But it is something.