i'm planning to get a JACKSON JS32T as my first electric guitar

i'm choosing between a V or a V2 (Randy Rhoads) or a Kelly

the guitars are almost the same but I've noticed that on the Rhoads the body begins at the 19th fret so reaching any frets beyond the 19th would be hard (is that true ? )

the kelly doesn't suffer that problem at all

so which one should i get ?

Thanks.
Play it. You might be surprised.

My,guitar connects to the body at the 17th fret and I have no problem reaching the 24th. Just go with whichever shape you like best.
Try them all if you can both standing with a strap and sitting down. My Kelly pulls on my right shoulder and neck when I sit down with it - everything is pushed to the left because of the shape compared to my Dinky. Standing up its fine. Just an FYI especially if you'll be sitting. Of course YMMV.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Yeah, try them and see which makes you tick. Actually V's are one of the better shapes for higher fret access, especially when we get to neck through models.

Also try them sitting down. Just note that with V shapes you have to sit in the classical guitar posture, guitar testing on left leg (in case of right handed) and your right leg is stuck inside the V. Also your left leg has to be elevated (preferably with footstool or something to avoid hurting your leg from tension that comes from keeping your leg elevated with a foot) to get a better angle for your wrist.

Kelly shape can be used both ways I think, casual (guitar on right leg) and classical. Though I am bit unsure, never owned an Explorer shape guitar.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
(a) Yeah, try them and see which makes you tick. Actually V's are one of the better shapes for higher fret access, especially when we get to neck through models.

(b) Also try them sitting down. Just note that with V shapes you have to sit in the classical guitar posture, guitar testing on left leg (in case of right handed) and your right leg is stuck inside the V. Also your left leg has to be elevated (preferably with footstool or something to avoid hurting your leg from tension that comes from keeping your leg elevated with a foot) to get a better angle for your wrist.

Kelly shape can be used both ways I think, casual (guitar on right leg) and classical. Though I am bit unsure, never owned an Explorer shape guitar.

(a) agreed.

(b) also agreed. a kelly for me is far easier to sit down with than a v or rhoads. i don't like classical position, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?