Hello all. I recently picked up an Older Mesa Triple Rec. It carries the same problem as my last few amps, it's only 2 channels and no lead boost. To remedy this, I was hoping to use the FX loop as a master volume/volume increase, just to cut increase overall volume for solos.

Is there any reason that this would not work for both my channel and fx loop, with teh added bonus of having LEDS on the switch?

I am also assuming that like my Marshall, I would need a adapter to split the single cable into two (which I have plenty of as backups for my marshall.)

Thanks for the help guys, just need a quick confirmation before I order!
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Either that or a boost pedal in front like a TS9 or OCD. Or just roll off the guitar volume for rhythm and roll on for solos like many of the pros do it. Adding a little extra bite and sustain for solos can be a good thing. More than one way to skin a cat.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jun 26, 2014,
Quote by Cajundaddy
Either that or a boost pedal n front like a TS9 or OCD. Or just roll off the guitar volume for rhythm and roll on for solos like many of the pros do it. More than one way to skin a cat.

That was actually my main way of doing things with the DSL, Except I had that handle my clean/ dirty tone and used my lead channel for leads.

I Would like the convenience of a one button fix though. I'm not really the stand there and play kinda guy. We are a very high energy band and I'm never in one place for more than a second. I'd much rather be able to think about the performance then messing with my volume knob every 30 seconds.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
I move the volume and tone on my guitar all the time because it frees me from standing in front of my pedal board. It's personal preference only though, all options will work so pick your poison.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jun 26, 2014,