So i bought this beautiful epiphone les paul the other day and it plays brilliantly, exactly what i was looking for, but i want to know the model if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
Ive attached the image to an imgur link as im a forum noob
http://i.imgur.com/1vDsxub.jpg
Last edited by RaidenLM at Jun 26, 2014,
I'm not an expert judge of guitar flesh just yet, but that appears to be a Les Paul Standard, finish looks like it might be Cherry Burst. I'd await confirmation from one of our resident gurus, but that's my best guess.
I am a StarGeezer: some call me..."Tim."*

* - Heartfelt apologies to Monty Python for blatant plagiarism. Those responsible have been sacked.

Epiphone G-400 "Goth"
Peavey Vypyr 75 Amp
^^ I dunno if it's a standard because it has dot inlays. I'm not epi expert, though. Does it have a set-neck?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I want to say a 90's LP of some kind.
But couple more pics and a serial number would help. Can run it through the pages and see for sure.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Saw the gold knobs and thought Standard, but I could be (and apparently am) wrong.
I am a StarGeezer: some call me..."Tim."*

* - Heartfelt apologies to Monty Python for blatant plagiarism. Those responsible have been sacked.

Epiphone G-400 "Goth"
Peavey Vypyr 75 Amp
^ I wouldn't be too hasty, as i said, i'm no epi expert and they may well have had dots on older models or something like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
-The "Gibson" truss rod cover suggests it's probably a 90s/early 2000s model.
-Dot inlays suggest that it's not a Standard.
-Binding on the body and neck suggests that it's not a Studio.
-Covered pickups may have been changed but suggest a Standard.

I'd guess this is one of four things:
-An early or transition Standard with dots (not sure if that ever happened, but it sure looks like a Standard besides the inlays)
-A Studio or similar model that got faux aftermarket binding (can't tell from the pics, but people have done it)
-An unusual, short-run model
-A fake.
Quote by Roc8995
-The "Gibson" truss rod cover suggests it's probably a 90s/early 2000s model.
-Dot inlays suggest that it's not a Standard.
-Binding on the body and neck suggests that it's not a Studio.
-Covered pickups may have been changed but suggest a Standard.

I'd guess this is one of four things:
-An early or transition Standard with dots (not sure if that ever happened, but it sure looks like a Standard besides the inlays)
-A Studio or similar model that got faux aftermarket binding (can't tell from the pics, but people have done it)
-An unusual, short-run model
-A fake.

But the OP says it is an Epi in the OP.
Quote by Jeffh40
But the OP says it is an Epi in the OP.

Yes, I was referring to the "Gibson" truss rod cover. Epiphone at one point used a truss rod that had "Gibson" printed on the plastic truss rod cover on the headstock. You can see it in the photo.

Quote by paruwi
It is an Epi LP-100 Studio-Standard

should have a bolt-on neck

http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php/Les_Paul_Numbered_Models#Les_Paul-100_Studio_Standard

Somehow I knew you'd come up with the answer. Nice work!
Thanks for the help guys I'm pretty sure it's not fake though just wanted a rough estimate of how much the guitars worth ?
Quote by Carrot
I want to say a 90's LP of some kind.
But couple more pics and a serial number would help. Can run it through the pages and see for sure.

Okay I'll get some more pics up , I don't have a serial number ?
Quote by paruwi
It is an Epi LP-100 Studio-Standard

should have a bolt-on neck

http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php/Les_Paul_Numbered_Models#Les_Paul-100_Studio_Standard

His does not have a pick guard. It could have been removed and the holes filled, but there would probably be evidence of that. The studio versions that I have seen, usually don't have pick guards. No expert here, but I love a good mystery.
Quote by paruwi
Sorry, it seems to be a Fake

Epi never ever made a model like this

headstock-shape is wrong
TRC is shaped wrong
and some other things

Where did you buy it ?

oh well thats a major dissapointment , i think im going to keep it though because it matches the sound i want to produce , even if it is a fake it still sounds amazing. I bought it at a local music shop
Quote by paruwi
Sorry, it seems to be a Fake

Epi never ever made a model like this

headstock-shape is wrong
TRC is shaped wrong
and some other things

Where did you buy it ?

Yeah, the headstock shape doesn't look right to me. And don't Epi Les Pauls usually have "Les Paul" written in the headstock? Having both binding and dot inlays seems a bit weird to me.

And TS, don't keep it. Take it back to the store and tell them that it's a fake. (They should give you a real one.)
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Yeah, the headstock shape doesn't look right to me. And don't Epi Les Pauls usually have "Les Paul" written in the headstock? Having both binding and dot inlays seems a bit weird to me.

And TS, don't keep it. Take it back to the store and tell them that it's a fake. (They should give you a real one.)

apparently some models didn't have les paul written in the headstock, who knows haha, i'll give them a ring anyway too see what they say
Quote by RaidenLM
oh well thats a major dissapointment , i think im going to keep it though because it matches the sound i want to produce , even if it is a fake it still sounds amazing. I bought it at a local music shop

Where are you located ?
Quote by MaggaraMarine

At least a discount on the price. If it sounds good, why not keep it?
Quote by NormH3
At least a discount on the price. If it sounds good, why not keep it?

Yeah, of course. But I would first compare it to the real thing. If the store sells you a fake and says it's the real thing, they should give some of the money back (even if you like the guitar). They are still lying. I wouldn't be happy if the guitar I bought was fake, even if it played and sounded pretty good. Because I would feel like I had been scammed. I would ask for refund.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
gibson would love to know about stores selling fake epiphones as legit new ones.

if you can get "good" tone out of a fake one, i'm sure a real one would sound nice too.

return the guitar.
oh it wasn't new at all it was second hand, to be honest i'm in love with the guitar and i'm happy with it, I'm going to keep it and buy an xplorer. Thank you for all the help guys