Meteoriot
289 IQ
Hi. I want to start doing some recording. I have a load of ideas recorded on my phone and its about time i recorded them properly but I really want drum tracks too.

Are there any good recording programs that are simple to use with buillt in drums to record over? if not then what is the easiest way please?

I have at my disposal a Line6 XT live or a real tone cable with amplitube software to connect to my PC via USB

I wana start simple just recording me jamming over backing tracks and drum tracks but eventually get more creative with editing

Any suggestions please?

oneblackened
Better Than You At Mixing
3,210 IQ
The only one I know of for PC is Cubase, and it ain't cheap.

If you were on mac, I was gonna suggest Logic Pro X.

But what I might do is get Reaper, and then get EZDrummer 2. It's a great piece of software that is very easy to write with.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (BKP C-Bomb/VHII)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Focal Alpha 65 monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Sid McCall
(Actually, I'm Scott)
2,713 IQ
Ableton comes with a bunch of stuff and some good drums, even the Intro version for $99. Cheap drums packs from puremagnetik come in at $12 too.

The learning curve is a little steep, so if you have the drive then go for it. It's great for setting drum loops and pre-arranging demos/jamming along.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Afroboy267
UG's Metastatic Resonance
3,692 IQ
Quote by oneblackened
But what I might do is get Reaper, and then get EZDrummer 2. It's a great piece of software that is very easy to write with.

This x18345646748128301287456645
Odirunn
Hi, I'm Adam
839 IQ
Reaper + EZD2 is the way to go.
Let's party.
Meteoriot
289 IQ
Thank you!!
Looks like a can get hold of Reaper from a friend and also EZ Drummer but not EZ drummer 2. Is there much difference? Also the same friend recommended Addictive drums. Is it any good?
oneblackened
Better Than You At Mixing
3,210 IQ
EZ Drummer 2 is much easier to write with than EZ Drummer - having used both.

Still prefer Superior for routing flexibility, but EZD2 is easily the best drum writing tool I've found.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (BKP C-Bomb/VHII)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Focal Alpha 65 monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Victorgeiger
953 IQ
Quote by oneblackened

^This^ EZDrummer will just sound less realistic unless considerable effort is put into velocity mapping but if you are just starting out put all the velocities on full and just paint in those midi notes.
xxdarrenxx
UG Fanatic
1,654 IQ
You can also get a free drum sampler, with built in transient shaper, eq and fx.

http://de-de.sennheiser.com/service-support/drummica

It's intended to show of their line of microphones, and as such the samples are of very good quality.

It does not have the complete editing features as Superior drummer, but the quality alone and it being free is definitely worth it.

The site is in German though and u need to sign up to download it, but it's not that hard really.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??