Attended a music group session to play with them, only it didn't occur to me that a) I need to know what their playing and b) need to know how to play it and c) they weren't going to be playing my kind of music so it didn't end too well IMO. Just ended up standing there, doing my own thing with the volume on zero whilst they played. It was the first time I'd heard the music in the capacity of looking to play it. I think they were being nice to me at the end, but I was so bad :/

I wound up showing one of them some stuff I had previously played just to save face :/
Last edited by epic FUZZ at Jun 26, 2014,
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
huh
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by epic FUZZ
Attended a music group session to play with them, only it didn't occur to me that a) I need to know what their playing and b) need to know how to play it and c) they weren't going to be playing my kind of music so it didn't end too well IMO. Just ended up standing there, doing my own thing with the volume on zero whilst they played. It was the first time I'd heard the music in the capacity of looking to play it. I think they were being nice to me at the end, but I was so bad :/

Look at it this way -- you've now learned the basics of what you need to ask and learn prior to going to an audition.

I had something like that happen -- I was asked to come audition. I asked what I was supposed to bring. It was more of "Oh, we know what you play; one of our guys has heard you before, so this is just a formality." Turns out it was just a case of mistaken identity. As soon as they started asking me, "Do you know...." it became obvious that they had someone else in mind. Not a bad thing, in the end. I didn't waste their time and introduced them to their current lead player (also not whomever they were mistaking me for, but so much better in the long run) and we're all buddies now.

Total, complete FAIL is not necessarily a bad thing.