Epiphone DR-500MCE - Natural

Jone's for a new guitar. Looking to get a new acoustic with a cutaway.

Was looking at 1000+ Martin's, Taylors

Someone recommended Masterbuilt epiphones. Only 600$ bones..

Thoughts?
I like the Dr-500MCE... mostly. it's a great guitar if you can get a good one. I've gound some consistency issue with most Epi's. not long ago, I played the 500mce's and they were all sub-par. glue showing on the binding and sides of the fretboard. pickguards slightly askew, less than impressed with the sound. however, I have played a few that sounded simply fantastic! you just have to play them first and pick out the cherries from the turds.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
it's a good guitar. the original models had some issues with lifting bridges, which is quickly and inexpensively fixed by a luthier, the later ones are nice and a good deal.

in the same price range i also like the all solid recording kings, the guild GAD series and blueridge guitars.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
You can also look at Seagulls in that price range. Epiphones today are very hit-or-miss due to quality issues, always check out any particular one you are buying thoroughly - not a good idea to buy via mail order.
My reverbnation page

2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73 Epi 6830E
72 Fender Telecaster
Epi Dot Studio
Epi LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e uke
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
epiphones have always been hit or miss when it comes to quality, but while i love the S6, and consider it one of the best sounding solid top guitars around, the masterbilt is all solid and also sounds very good with maybe a hint more resonance and depth in the sound.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I can vouch for Epis, I have a Aj220,we ll my dad is hoding it right now, but it suprised me how good it sounded and it was pretty cheap too, a whopping $200. Solid top, laminate sides though, I don't mind its just a different tone then solid sides/back, but good tone regardless. The $600 range is a tough one though sooo many good options.