I have my floyd blocked and I currently have it tuned to Drop D. One question, I am using the tuning pegs at the headstock do I have to use the fine tuners at the bridge or not?
If the nut is locked down, use the fine tuners only. If it isn't, you can use either.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I unlocked the nut, then I tuned the strings to drop d and then I locked the nut. My question is do I have to use the fine tuners when I tune and lock the nut
if the nut is locked(screwed down) DON'T use the headstock tuners, use the fine tuners on the bridge
Gear

ESP/LTD Kirk Hammett 602
Gibson faded cherry V
Johnson (cheap ass) acoustic
Boss Gt-3 (old)
Peavey 6505+ 1x12
What are you asking?

If you want to use the fine tuners, use them. When you lock the nut it might throw some strings slightly out of tune, if that happens use the fine-tuners.

If a string goes flat after a while and you dont feel like unlocking the nut, use the fine tuners.

This is barely rocket science
I was just asking because I know if you don't block your floyd you have to use the fine tuners on the bridge. So, since mine is blocked I don't have to use them I can just use the ones on the headstock.But I can use the fine tuners on the bridge if I wanted to right?
Quote by HandicapRocker
I was just asking because I know if you don't block your floyd you have to use the fine tuners on the bridge. So, since mine is blocked I don't have to use them I can just use the ones on the headstock.But I can use the fine tuners on the bridge if I wanted to right?

You have it backwards. You have to use the fine tuners because the headstock tuners are locked. It doesn't matter if the bridge is blocked or not. If you are using the locking bars, use the fine tuners.