Hey what's up guise! I was wondering which of these lovely beauties should be my next purchase. They are all MIM, but as far as tuning stability and sound go which would be best for 90's alt rock? Now I know the Tele isn't the go to axe for this genre, but I've never owned one and I think I can get some decent rock tones from such a beast. I'm a long time devout Fender fanatic, and have never owned a Tele before, so I want to have that experience, you know.

So has anyone here had one of these axes and if so why did you like, love or hate it?!?!?
I only feel like me when I'm behind my ax...
Another vote for the Baja, they were terrific guitars.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by JustRooster
Baja, if you can find one. They got discontinued in 2011.

I had no idea the Baja had been discontinued, I'm resisting the urge to facepalm at Fender for that.

Out of those 3, the Baja Tele is the better option, by quite a long way, IMO.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Tried them all and bought the Baja, extremely versatile
Fender Baja Telecaster
Gretsch G5422tdc
Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster
Vox AC15C1
Well couldn't I get a different model and put a wire it up like a Baja with a Baja guard? Would that be worth while? You know, since these guitars were so amazing.
Quote by slayer1979
Well couldn't I get a different model and put a wire it up like a Baja with a Baja guard? Would that be worth while? You know, since these guitars were so amazing.

The Classic series build quality isn't really any different to the Baja, but in order to get close you'd need to spend a lot of money upgrading the pickups (The Baja Teles have fender Custom shop pickups), on top of what you'd be spending upgrading the pots and the switch in order to get the Baja wiring. It would make more sense just to get a Baja in the first place, imo.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Blompcube
I had no idea the Baja had been discontinued, I'm resisting the urge to facepalm at Fender for that.

Out of those 3, the Baja Tele is the better option, by quite a long way, IMO.

Just checked the catalog for 2014, they must have brought them back! They didn't have them for 2012 or 2013 runs.

Quote by slayer1979

Part of what makes the Baja so great is the Soft V neck and Ash body, too.
Last edited by JustRooster at Jun 28, 2014,
They brought em back? Cool. Although as opposed to the Baja I do really like the vintage specs of the Classic Series. Are there any limitations when it comes to the vintage spec stuff like lower output pups and 7.75" radius that would give me a harder time playing rock?
P.s. The classic series comes in nitro too!