So I've final decided to get rid of my multi-effects pedal and upgrade to some individual pedals, I've also decided to sell a couple of guitars that I don't use that often, so I've got a budget of about $550.

My main gear:
-Jackson Rx10D with some Seymour Duncan Heavy Metal pickups.
-Blackstar Ht-5 amp

I'd like to get a distortion pedal, a noise gate, and a delay pedal (delay pedal isn't exactly a priority though.) Ideally I'd like to end up with a sort of Megadeth-y tone (both the lead and the rhythm) but again it's not really necessary.

So what pedals do you guys think I should invest in?

Also on a side note, what are your thoughts on acoustic simulators?

Thanks!
$550 might buy you an amp which'll do that megadethy tone you want out of the box (or at least with a cheap od pedal used as a boost). might be worth considering. something hot-rod marshally, I guess (peavey vtm? never tried it but they have a good rep)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd actually like to stay away from buying an amp right now, although I was looking at possibly going for a JCM in the not-too-distant future, but for now I'd just like to focus on a couple of pedals actually.
Quote by LivinJoke84
Wampler Sovereign and Malekko Ekko 616

+ an ISP Decimator II.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by LivinJoke84

he eagerly awaits the onslaught of new amp suggestions
Or you could get a JCM2000 DSL combo for $400 from GC and still have money for a delay pedal or boost, maybe both
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by Mezo
I'd actually like to stay away from buying an amp right now, although I was looking at possibly going for a JCM in the not-too-distant future, but for now I'd just like to focus on a couple of pedals actually.

no worries

what's wrong with the ht5 for those type of tones?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ive been to most of the Guitar Centers and Sam Ash's in the NJ/PA/NY area, and tried as many acoustic sims as i could find (but to be honest there are only like what? 6 of them on the market?) anyway, maybe Im just not good with them, but no matter what i did i couldnt get an acoustic tone out of them. Just insanely boosted, washed out mids. Part of what makes an acoustic sound is the big hollow body, and the acoustic strings. You just cant package that in a 4"x4" box.
If you really need an acoustic sound live, just get an Electric Acoustic (or mic a standard acoustic, imo it sounds better).
Acoustic simulators are shit. All they do is hype up the high mids/treble and scoop out all the low mids, plus clip the signal a bit. None sound even remotely acceptable.

As for the other stuff, grab a Decimator II and hold off on the rest until you get a new amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Mezo

If this is the case, any pedals you buy now may be useless to you in the future. Pedals, especially drive pedals, all sound different through different amps. Get the amp first, worry about pedals later.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
If this is the case, any pedals you buy now may be useless to you in the future. Pedals, especially drive pedals, all sound different through different amps. Get the amp first, worry about pedals later.
This. OTH, every pedalboard needs a Timmy.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
keep the multifx. Otherwise what will u jam on late at night with the headphones? IMO everyone needs a multifx
RG's & Mesa's