Some weeks ago I posted a vid of me playing some solo, and I had some really helpful feedback. So here is another one, if you have time, please check it out, and give me some tips. I played it 180 bpm, because original is still too fast haha.. THANKS!

(I know that in the beginning i'm a bit out of time, but I find it kinda hard to time those tbh)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e7Bdg7Kxs4
Last edited by tommystitch at Jun 27, 2014,
Other than playing in time (which is sounds like you are aware of), I would start alternate picking that song. Makes some parts much easier.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Nah dude, you gotta downpick it like James.

I agree, but when learning it, alternate picking can get you up to speed quicker. Work on the downpicking speed in the mean time.
Better to just learn how to play how you intend to, instead of finding yourself reverting to alternate picking after trying to go back to learn how to play it with downpicking.

For OP, I'd try to minimize the motion when you downpick that intro. As you speed it up, stressing a note with your picking hand makes you lag more and more. The less motion you use, the faster you can get back up to the E string, making it smoother and eventually faster
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Really helpful advice, especially the "minimizing the motion" thing. I watched some videos about that and I can totally see the benefits of this. Thanks again for taking the time!
Hi, I agree with previous poster, Also I'd say make sure you hit perfectly in sync with the bass drum during the intro.
Last edited by vodkaorgy at Jun 28, 2014,
Can't really add much to this conversation other than to say that being that far behind the tempo just causes the watcher to move on. I don't think I made it past the first 20 seconds or so. Check out the cover on here by Juspee, it's pretty much dead on.
Quote by jaegerd
Can't really add much to this conversation other than to say that being that far behind the tempo just causes the watcher to move on. I don't think I made it past the first 20 seconds or so. Check out the cover on here by Juspee, it's pretty much dead on.

Yeah, I didn't really make the video to enjoy viewers, or show my awesome guitar skills. I know I need improvement, so made it so others could evaluate my technique/guitar playing. Thanks for the advice though, really appreciate it!