Hi, i'm looking for an amp

-My budget is 490€

-I'm into 90's/+revival emo like american football, sunny day real estate, dads, Algernon Cadwallader, Saetia,.. But I surely don't want it to suck for metal (for example the older bring me the horizon), and i'm also into some melodic hardcore (seasons in wreckage). So i'm pretty much looking for a versatile amp in the younger rock department.

-I don't want amps produced in america that are way more expensive in europe (where I live) than it should be. Like Peavey (classic 50 is 850$ on american sites and 1200€ on european sites.)

-I'm not in a band, so no need for extremly loud amps, I prefer quality and versatility over loudness.

-The guitar I have is an Fender Pawn Shop Offset Special

Thanks, and have a great day
Last edited by arsene_devos at Jun 28, 2014,
How about a used marshall DSL401 or a vypyr tube 60?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL201/401
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by arsene_devos
and what about a new VOX AC15C1, will that do the job?

I've never thought of the Vox AC15 as more than a classic rock amp

You can also look for a used Marshall JCM900 combo, not my favorite amp, but the cleans are good and it deff has the 90's hard-rock sound
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
jet city?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i dunno about cleans... (i'm talking about the two channel heads here) they more have a crunch channel and a lead channel. but at your budget, and in europe (and new), they're hard to beat. you can get the 50 watt head plus the harley benton g212 vintage for your budget, pretty much bang on (at least at United Kingdom VAT levels, I don't know what country you're in).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for all your imput already, I live in Belgium

whatya think?
http://www.thomann.de/gb/marshall_dsl15c_2012_b_stock.htm
or
http://www.thomann.de/be/peavey_6505_plus_112_combo.htm

Although this was my first choice but you guys say it's to classic:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/vox_tonelab_st.htm
What about if I do buy the VOX AC15C1 and in the future i'll be buying some pedals in case I would like to go heavy. Because the main thing that I want to play are actually just some clean sounds, I love this sound for example, too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEqTmjT2i6c

EDIT: I just bought the VOX AC15C1. =P
Last edited by arsene_devos at Jun 28, 2014,
Quote by arsene_devos
and what about a new VOX AC15C1, will that do the job?

For 90's emo stuff you mentioned, a Vox would be awesome since those stuff are mostly in the clean and crunch range.

Absolutely don't get a 6505 for what you play, you won't be able to get decent cleans from that.

In your case I think the Vox Night Train G2 is a decent choice. It has the usual Vox clean/crunch sound, but with a bit more gain capability for heavier stuff. Not the most ideal metal amp, but as you said you mostly need cleans. And the controls are friendlier than an AC15 for home use.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/vox_nighttrain_nt15c1_g2_c_b_stock.htm
EGC Baritone | ESP M-I | Gibson LP Jr
BC Rich USA ST3 | Fender Telecaster
VHT/Fryette GP3 | Verellen Meatsmoke pre | Mesa 2:90
Soldano HR50+ | Marshall 2203KK | Krank RevJr 50 | Holden 50
Orange PPC412 | Laney GS412 | Mesa Thiele 112 | Alron 115
Quote by godgrinder
For 90's emo stuff you mentioned, a Vox would be awesome since those stuff are mostly in the clean and crunch range.

Absolutely don't get a 6505 for what you play, you won't be able to get decent cleans from that.

In your case I think the Vox Night Train G2 is a decent choice. It has the usual Vox clean/crunch sound, but with a bit more gain capability for heavier stuff. Not the most ideal metal amp, but as you said you mostly need cleans. And the controls are friendlier than an AC15 for home use.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/vox_nighttrain_nt15c1_g2_c_b_stock.htm

Great input thanks
omg 40% Reduction and **** i've already ordered the AC15C1.
Cancelling order would be a great idea no?
Quote by arsene_devos
Great input thanks
omg 40% Reduction and **** i've already ordered the AC15C1.
Cancelling order would be a great idea no?

Yeah I would say cancel the AC15 and get the NT15 G2.

The NT15 G2 would be worth getting even just for the extra controls over the AC15. The Night Train has separate gain and volume controls for the overdrive channel (which means better control over volume under home use situation), and you don't have to manually unplug the cable to switch to the overdrive channel like an AC15.
Last edited by godgrinder at Jun 28, 2014,
^ the ac15 has a master volume too. I haven't tried it but it should be fine.

And yeah if you mainly want clean tones then I'd look elsewhere than jet city (apart from maybe the 50 watt 2x12 combo which supposedly has much nicer cleans, but I haven't tried it).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ the ac15 has a master volume too. I haven't tried it but it should be fine.

It's not really a "master volume". Note that there is no gain control on the top boost channel and you have to use the channel volume as the gain control, so the "master volume" in that case works more like a channel volume.

The NT15 has both gain and channel volume control on the OD channel and a master volume, so he would be able to fine tune the volume a bit more.
Yeah it is. It doesn't normally make a massive amount of difference. As long as you have one volume control which controls the volume, and another which controls the amount of distortion, it's more or less the same. if you ask me.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by godgrinder
Yeah I would say cancel the AC15 and get the NT15 G2.

hey guys I can get an hughes & kettner tubemeister 18 + 112 cab second handed for 520€. should I go for that one instead of the Vox NT15 G2 for 511€?
Quote by arsene_devos
hey guys I can get an hughes & kettner tubemeister 18 + 112 cab second handed for 520€. should I go for that one instead of the Vox NT15 G2 for 511€?

as some one who has seriously played the 18, and owns the 5 watt version and the 112, I'd get the Night train. the H&K sounds lovely clean, but the gain after about 11 0'clock becomes kind of 'brittle' sounding imho.

I don't know what speaker comes in the Night train Cab, but the H&K has a vintage 30 in it. The NT15H-G2 and the H&K 112 might be good if its not too much.

I think a lot of these kind of bands use one amp for clean (usually something like an AC30 or a Twin ) and then another amp for drive and higher gain sounds.

EDIT: the Night Train 1x12 cab & combo have Greenbacks
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
Last edited by boblittle at Jul 14, 2014,