Greetings Rockers!

I came across a Squier Bullet Strat while I was on a Guitar Search. I recently sold a guitar and wanted to buy a Stratocaster guitar and trick it out. Here's the video that got me headed for the Bullet: http://youtu.be/IJWZaaaolAA

Here's a link to the Bullets for Sale: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Squier-Bullet-Stratocaster-with-Tremolo-Rosewood-Fingerboard-Pink-Finish-/121357307326?pt=Guitar&hash=item1c41758dbe

Here's what I want to do. I want to get a black one and put a neck with a maple fretboard. That's tinted: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OGC6214-Maple-Strat-Stratocaster-Neck-Light-Vintage-Satin-NITRO-Finish-/231266056661?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item35d887f9d5

^Like that But in the description it says "made to USA specs" which worried me. I only thought MIM necks worked. I don't want to buy a Licensed Fender neck because $$$. I love the looks of that neck. If it was 21 frets it would be perfect.

But my question is this: Will the neck fit the body?

I also plan on replacing the Pickguard to a Black (going for a Gilmour look)

Thanks!
1996 Fender Tex Mex Stratocaster
1994 Ibanez Iceman ICB300 Bass
2011 Custom Gibson Les Paul
1984 Morley Power Wah
Squier P Bass
1983 Peavey Session 500
Line 6 POD 2.0.
Various BOSS Pedals
Pearl Forum Series Drums
Personally, I wouldn't bother. The amount you are going to spend on the guitar and a new neck, I'd just look out for a second hand MIM Strat that meets your needs instead.
Quote by mark_wuk
The amount you are going to spend on the guitar and a new neck

Well I have seen a few postings on CL or about 60$ for some so ill only be around 150-200$ finished. But does anyone know if that neck will fit?
1984 Morley Power Wah
Squier P Bass
1983 Peavey Session 500
Line 6 POD 2.0.
Various BOSS Pedals
Pearl Forum Series Drums
I've never worked on a Bullet, but I've always found that MIA necks fit Squier bodies just fine. I've got a MIA spec Mighty Mite neck in a Squier standard series body.

Squier necks are usually better than random no name necks (they are usually the best bit of a Squier in my experience) - genuine/licensed necks tend to be much better quality, but as you say the are more expensive.

Going on what your prices, you are going to sink $200 into a Squier, and still have crappy pickups, wiring and bridge. I've upgraded my Squier, and spent a lot of money on it. If it wasn't for the fact it was my first guitar and a present from my wife, it would have been far more sensible (and cheaper) to start from a MIM strat - but the process of doing the upgrades can be a good learning experience and good fun.
Sounds pretty easy. I would do it. But as was mentioned before the parts(Tuners,knobs,bridge,pups, ect....) will still be very cheap so be prepared to have to buy new parts down the road.

And there is the little thing of needing to try the neck out..... there is nothing worse then getting all excited about a guitar only to play it 10 minutes and hate the neck.... Try before you buy my friend. Imagine getting the neck doing the swap, and hating how the neck feels....
Since I'm buying a Gibson Les Paul later this month, I'm modding my Squier Bullet to give me a single coil option. The necks are pretty great actually, I prefer it to plenty of guitars that I have played. Since I've already kitted it out with new hardware etc. scratchplate, I'm gonna stick some IronGear pickups in it and change some of the insides as a few things don't work on mine.

If you need it as a main guitar then I suggest that you buy a MIM or something though.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
Quote by bass.desires
But as was mentioned before the parts(Tuners,knobs,bridge,pups, ect....) will still be very cheap so be prepared to have to buy new parts down the road.

I was already thinking about those too.
Tuners: I was gonna put some Vintage Tuners from Wilkinson (I heard they aren't bad but it'll be better than what is on it now)
Pickups: CS Pups in it and a Seymour in the Bridge. (What's the best FCS pup set out there?)
Bridge: I was gonna put a MIM Bridge in it. I have a 96 MIM and it works fine to me.
Other Acc.: I was gonna use a Fender Aged White Knobs, Backplate, Pup Covers, and Tremolo/Switch Tips. A Black Pickguard as well.
Quote by Pacifica Ocean
I'm gonna stick some IronGear pickups in it

Never heard of IronGear. I'll have to check me out. What tones do they pull off?
Quote by Pacifica Ocean
If you need it as a main guitar then I suggest that you buy a MIM or something though.

Already got that covered. Got a Tex Mex 1996 that would be my gigging one. But I think this is a good way to experiment.

1984 Morley Power Wah
Squier P Bass
1983 Peavey Session 500
Line 6 POD 2.0.
Various BOSS Pedals
Pearl Forum Series Drums