Hi, I'm installing strap locks on my guitar - i already have found the mechanism for this but I'm going to buy a new guitar strap to install them on. Most guitar straps however seem to have the hole and then a line so Im not sure if I could put them on. I'd like a black (preferably leather strap) under £10 that I can install strap locks on.

Any help would be appreciated
You just use a washer. What straplocks?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by EpicGuitarGuy13

I have used those on several guitars and they are 100% fine and the parts are useable/interchangeable with the Schaller straploks

They go on the strap like this
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jun 28, 2014,
And when you tighten them up, use a shifter on the clip and a spanner on the nut. Nip it up tight. Check it again the next day to make sure the leather hasn't settled. Nip it up again and it should stay in place forever. With real Schallers you can use quite a bit of force, it's good steel. No idea about those ones, so don't go overboard but give 'em a decent handful. Rob probably knows.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
And when you tighten them up, use a shifter on the clip and a spanner on the nut. Nip it up tight. Check it again the next day to make sure the leather hasn't settled. Nip it up again and it should stay in place forever. With real Schallers you can use quite a bit of force, it's good steel. No idea about those ones, so don't go overboard but give 'em a decent handful. Rob probably knows.

Yeah, the metal is not as robust as schallers, but you can tighten them pretty decent where there will be no worry of the nut coming off.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks guys, they will come in about a week. It will be good, because I'm making a brand new guitar from scratch and hopefully this way I will be safe from it falling off the strap!