When playing shows I use different settings on my pedals therefor find myself bending down and having to change reverb times for example. How could I get around this ? How do the 'pros' do it? Do they have a different stomp box for each setting ?

Cheers for any help
Quote by Dr reverb
How could I get around this ? How do the 'pros' do it?
They either use one setting only for each effect or they use effects of which you can recall settings by pressing buttons.

Like amps footswitches.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Rack units and MIDI
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
With my pedalboard, I have everything set so it's good enough for the whole set and don't have to play around with everything between songs. (Although I use my Zoom G3 for delays and have two separate patches with different timing). Audiences come to see you play, not to see you fiddle with your knobs.

I only bother setting each individual effect for each individual song when recording.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by Dr reverb
When playing shows I use different settings on my pedals therefor find myself bending down and having to change reverb times for example. How could I get around this ? How do the 'pros' do it? Do they have a different stomp box for each setting

I use Pods for live shows.

There are enough banks (each with four channels) that I can put the whole set list on the Pod as user presets. You can set each internal stomp box (or array of them) differently for each preset. I think the largest number of different settings in a particular song has been four, which works out pretty well. Most of the time there are two, maybe three.

The old way of doing this was to put your stomps in a rack-mounted drawer in the backline and change everything via MIDI. Thing is, you can't change a setting on a particular stomp that way (usually), so you're still wandering back to that drawer to make a change or two. Some pros did indeed travel with multiple stomp boxes of a single type to make up for it. Some pros actually have a guy who makes changes, pushes buttons, etc. for them back stage, especially when the pro is off running around on a wireless and can't get back in time to change a pedalboard.

Wait, there's more: If you have a Variax guitar, you can actually plug it into either the floor model pod or the rack mount version and change amp, FX, cabinet, guitar model *and* alternate tuning in a single stomp.
Quote by bluestratplayer
Rack units and MIDI

You still can't change the setting on a single stomp box mid-song. You need to have two of the same stomp, each with different settings, and switch between them.

?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Last edited by AWACS at Jun 28, 2014,
I've seen those before ^^^. There are others that are similar. If you've got more than one adjustment to make or more than one pedal to tweak, you're standing there on one foot watching your other foot, and your audience is watching you standing on one foot trying to play while watching your other foot.
When I had to change settings a lot, I went MIDI. I will often run two overdrives when I'm not using MIDI (and often even if I do have MIDI running as well because, well, overdrive pedals are normally superior to digital simulations of them (dspellman will undoubtedly disagree )) so I can have two different settings. Multiple overdrives is extremely common. Often, even with complex MIDI systems you will see things like Klons, Timmies, Muff's etc thrown into the mix as well and often multiples so you can have different settings. For things like mod/time effects - MIDI.
Now I'm just playing punk so I don't need any of that bs. One overdrive and a wah is all I use. Well, plus the amp footswitch which is actually a small MIDI controller and lately, not even that.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Expression pedal or DME. I always attempt to set up my sound so I don't have to fuss too much with analog pedals on stage. I have been known to change a few knob settings with my feet on the fly though.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by dspellman
You still can't change the setting on a single stomp box mid-song. You need to have two of the same stomp, each with different settings, and switch between them.

I did say RACK units right? yeah thought I did.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
And if you're somebody like David Gilmour, you'll have a heap of pedals in rack shelves connected to a MIDI controlled looper too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Dave navarro had a stand built that holds two boss delay pedals up high enough that he changes the settings on them and turns them off and on with his hands without bending over and still looks very pro, and sounds amazing. Not all pros use midi or rackmounts.