Page 1 of 2
Okay, so as almost everyone knows, Linkin Park recently released "The Hunting Party".

Aside from all the discussion in the review section of UG, do you think that this album is actually going to "make rock music carnivorous" as Shinoda once declared it would? Will it maybe have an effect on mainstream rock?

Or is it just another (albeit good) controversial LP album?

P.S:

Don't have anything to say on this matter?

Ok.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
Last edited by shawnkenneth at Jun 28, 2014,
Ugh jeez, kid.........

Just a friendly heads up, most of the pit trolls on people like you for thinking your music is a common ground for interactive discussion.

Inserting a:

Quote by shawnkenneth

Don't have anything to say on this matter?

Ok.

won't change that.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Jun 28, 2014,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Ugh jeez, kid.........

Just a friendly heads up, most of the pit trolls on people like you for thinking your music is a common ground for interactive discussion.

Thanks for the heads-up but it's not my music. I haven't even heard the album yet apart from the singles.

There was a lot of hype around this album which somehow got even the most pompus LP/nu-metal haters intrigued.

That's why I wanna know about it.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

My favourite LP song was Rollin'
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
for real though craaaaaawling in my skiiiiiiiiiin
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by slapsymcdougal

I haven't given the whole album a listen, but I did like and tab out A Line In The Sand.
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by slash_GNR666
My favourite LP song was Rollin'

More leik trollin am i rite
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I don't believe Mike said it would change rock music but the carnivorous reference was certainly there. He's been pretty consistent with saying they just wanted to make what they wanted/what they're not hearing from other bands.

It's not a game changer, but having grown up with them coming on the scene it's definitely a nod to those days. They're what, in their late 30's now? So it's not exactly a heavy album made by pissed off teenagers, but it has more aggression and conviction to their last few albums.
*shrugs* I don't know...
Okay, I just gave a listen to the whole album and it was pleasantly surprising. Weird.

Anyway, Wastelands really stands out and so does a few others.

A Line In The Sand sounded weirdly close to Victimized. Not sure if intentional or not.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

I really like the album. I can't honestly say if I like Meteora/Hybrid Theory more than THP. What made it so good for me is that their focusing more on screaming and that they even have thrown in a couple of guitar solos in there. Standout tracks for me are War, Keys to the Kingdom and Rebellion, it's really refreshing that they did something new instead of just going back to what they did before.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
the new album is nothing more than a nutshell of the music they used to create in the late 90's early 2000's. Their new music is bland, generic, and boring.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

You say there was a lot of hype around this album, but even my friends who like them (somehow) haven't been talking about it.
Quote by Wormholes
I don't know what that is supposed to mean and I don't care.

You don't care? But...But.why? I mean, this is so important to me

Why? Why won't you care!!?!? Why!????
Quote by slapsymcdougal

I haven't listened to it but it's probably somewhere between slightly worse or better than mediocre
I'm actually pretty surprised they are still trying to make music
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
A Thousand Suns is still their best album.

This. I legitimately like that album.

The Hunting Party is not that good. It's not all 'high school' sounding like their first two albums (with a couple of exceptions) but there's nothing memorable. This might even be their worst album. Their electronic sound of 2010-2013 is their best sound.

Quote by StewieSwan
I'm actually pretty surprised they are still trying to make music

Their best music has been more recent though, until this year

I'm sure everyone thinks I'm wrong but even if Linkin Park puts out a lot of music I don't like, I've always put them in the 'serious band' category rather than the 'gimmick band' category.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Jun 28, 2014,
Quote by slipknot5678
This might even be their worst album.

Idk, personally I still say Minutes to Midnight is their worst.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

That's definitely their least memorable, and it's down on my list near this new one.
It's not that good. I honestly got pretty excited for it when they announced all the guest musicians, but it's incredibly boring despite being possibly their heaviest album. It's better than Living Things, but Living Things was unlistenable trash, so that's not saying much.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
A Thousand Suns is still their best album.

Eh. There are a few atrocious songs on it, but When They Come For Me is by far the best song they've ever written, so that really ups my opinion on the album as a whole.

Quote by slipknot5678
I'm sure everyone thinks I'm wrong but even if Linkin Park puts out a lot of music I don't like, I've always put them in the 'serious band' category rather than the 'gimmick band' category.

Yeah, I don't get why LP still gets so much hate. At least they try to change their sound on every album. People accuse them of trying to follow the trend when they do that, but I'd rather listen to a band that evolves rather than one that stagnates and releases the same album over and over.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I liked m2m.

I liked every album up to that point (and the new divide single), then none of them.
Haven't tried this album, but again, I did like and tab out A Line In The Sand.
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by archangels
It's not that good. I honestly got pretty excited for it when they announced all the guest musicians, but it's incredibly boring despite being possibly their heaviest album. It's better than Living Things, but Living Things was unlistenable trash, so that's not saying much.

I thought that about Living Things at first too. A lot of it is trash (especially in the first half) but during the second half there's some good music. I definitely prefer it to The Hunting Party, which is mostly just boring with a few 'trash' moments. The only decent parts of this album were Rakim (despite the song being awful) and some of the instrumental sections.

Eh. There are a few atrocious songs on it, but When They Come For Me is by far the best song they've ever written, so that really ups my opinion on the album as a whole.

'The Messenger' is bad and 'Burning in the Skies' feels like a b-side but other than that I like all of the songs. There's some individual parts of songs that are very corny (all the 'ooohhh' parts) but the songs are good despite those parts.

Yeah, I don't get why LP still gets so much hate. At least they try to change their sound on every album. People accuse them of trying to follow the trend when they do that, but I'd rather listen to a band that evolves rather than one that stagnates and releases the same album over and over.

This is why they don't deserve to be lumped in with all those terrible nu-metal bands.
Apparently I'm way behind on my Linkin Park listening.
My God, it's full of stars!
I kinda like that Guilty all the Same song or whatever it's called. I'v never really cared for LP though.
The songs that came out before the release were pretty lame. Imo Mark The Graves was the best song on the record. Drawbar was cool too, though it's not something I expected from Morello.
it sucks

linkin park was cool when i was 12 so you should have asked me then

also i dont like this "lets make my avatar a gif of bouncing boobs" thing that you and 5 other people decided to do

it just looks dumb and makes me think you are 12 okay
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Jun 28, 2014,
Quote by deadsmileyface
it sucks

also i dont like this "lets make my avatar a gif of bouncing boobs" thing that you and 5 other people decided to do

Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by deadsmileyface
it sucks

Strong projection of insecurity here
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Strong projection of insecurity here

Actually, just looks like a troll attempt to me.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Quote by shawnkenneth
Actually, just looks like a troll attempt to me.

its not a "troll" attempt, i think the bouncing boobs gif thing is dumb. i dont find it attractive, it just looks stupid.
banned
Quote by deadsmileyface
its not a "troll" attempt, i think the bouncing boobs gif thing is dumb. i dont find it attractive, it just looks stupid.

But.....they're boobies...

EDIT: I'm sorry. Would "trolling attempt" or some other form of this slang change the meaning of what I was trying to imply?

Edit2: I looked it up and Troll can be used as a noun exactly the way I did.

Edit3: The very fact that I actually bothered to looked it up and mention it here is of great concern to me. Damn
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Page 1 of 2