Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a 7 string because my band plays in Drop G# and I'm using a baritone 6 at the moment but am open to 27" 7 strings and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I like natural finishes but am open to any model, shape and budget at about 1k, located in Australia. Was thinking the Jackson JS Series JS32-7Q Dinky 7*
I can't speak on the dinky, but I have the slatxmg 7 string and I love it. The quality you get for the price paid is excellent.

It's 27" scale and it's the first extended scale guitar that I bought. The longer scale took no adjustment time at all to get used to.

I don't know if that helps at all.
Id stay away from the JS jackson series as a whole.
Probs go for an X series and above. Lot better stuff on offer.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
You will probably have to wait for Cath or another Aussie to come in, I have no idea the shipping cost from US to there and your prices over there are very different from ours.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
you can get an indo ibanez fixed bridge 7 for 500 shipped brand new from ibanez guitar centre (just make sure u dont get the crappy chinese made GRG series). Or u can get the ibanez steve vai U77p or whatever it is 2nd had for under 1k easy. U should also check out rondo music dot com they have a crapload of affordable 7's, not sure of the quality but i have heard their not as bad as youd think.

I only know about ibanez so i just suggest them. You could proabbly just snatch up a brand new indo premium RG 7 for under a k, their nice i just got one, their nearly up to the standard of the jap guitar, in fact the only shortcuts i could see was using cheaper bridges, knobs, tuners, etc.

although i think the ibanez 7's are all 26 something scales
RG's & Mesa's
Last edited by e32lover at Jun 29, 2014,