I don't know who Drucker is but I was reading some Eckhart Tolle today and this paragraph stood out.

What keeps the so-called consumer society going is the fact that trying to find yourself through buying things doesn't work: The ego satisfaction is short-lived and so you keep looking for more, keep buying, keep consuming.
Last edited by Victorgeiger at Jun 28, 2014,
having no context for that phrase, it's anybody's guess
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Its means that no man should feel shame for selling his mighty penis to middel age'd woman who are hungry for the sex.
If people are dumb enough to keep buying useless shit that's
on them
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Marketing is a shame in and of itself and is more likely a product of consumerism than the other way around.

this
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Eventually communism via technology is the only thing that is possible as we will be too advanced for capitalism to be possible.
consumerism is an inevitable consequence of the less savory socioeconomic systems.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by macashmack
Eventually communism via technology is the only thing that is possible as we will be too advanced for capitalism to be possible.

I'm all for this
I was hoping someone in here had studied business

I was reading The Essential Drucker where the quote is from.
Last edited by USCENDONE BENE at Jun 28, 2014,
I guess it would be because marketing is considered by Drucker as a proof of the handling some people have on the human mind and behaviors. The shame would be that marketing is used to sell shamwows, burgers and shit.
Quote by Craziork
I guess it would be because marketing is considered by Drucker as a proof of the handling some people have on the human mind and behaviors. The shame would be that marketing is used to sell shamwows, burgers and shit.
Are you kidding me? A dog with a note in its mouth could sell hamburgers.