found this Peavey Windsor on CL..missing front cover...guy started out asking $200...after it was said and done ended up trading a SKB PS25 pedal board and a Jetcity OD pedal for it($60 total on my end)...i know it's not a high end amp but for what i got in it and compared to the SS amps i been using all i can say is WOW!!!...this thing surprised me....it's my 1st tube head and the guy said he changed tubes about a year ago....would like to go ahead and order some tubes to have on hand for when the blow.....i play rock/thrash/metal music so would like some ideas on some tubes to order....tubes in it now i think are "JJ's" and it sounds good so maybe just best to order same kind unless theirs some better options for my type of music
Attachments:
Windsor.jpg
Last edited by teamscorpions at Jun 28, 2014,
The tubes are fine, but go to your local electronic components shop (not in any way related with guitars or tubes specifically), and see if they have any decently priced NOS GE, Philipps, SED tubes and stuff of that kind.

Congratulations man, have fun with it!

Also, just out of curiosity, what's the randall on the bottom?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
JJ makes good stuff, I'd stick with those. Might like an overdrive to get more oomph out of it.

HNAD! Hard to beat at that price!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
That is a great deal HNAD.

Yeah JJ are a nice tube and work pretty well. Sovtek 12ax7lps is a nice tube also
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate

HNAD and sweet trade! If it works good and sounds good that could be a historically good trade! Now you can start your preamp tube collection!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
thanks guys...it's hard to put the guitar down...was just going to "test" for a few to see if it worked good and wound up jamming a few hours....it's as different as night and day
$60? Holy crap, that's awesome I liked the windsor when I tried it, from what I hear it's more or less a jcm800 (ish).

what speakers are you running it through?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by teamscorpions
thanks guys...it's hard to put the guitar down...was just going to "test" for a few to see if it worked good and wound up jamming a few hours....it's as different as night and day

Remember that for the next "tube vs ss" thread. It's a difference of, "oh...so thats what an electric guitar is suppose to sound like", as opposed to "ok...it makes the signal louder".
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by Dave_Mc
$60? Holy crap, that's awesome I liked the windsor when I tried it, from what I hear it's more or less a jcm800 (ish).

what speakers are you running it through?

the cheap cab i got for now has Celestion G12S-50's in it....next i plan to get a good cab and just use this one for my SS heads
That's one hell of a good score. I was expecting some POS Behringer or something from the thread title. You've done well, man.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by teamscorpions

yep, that happens every damn time.
Quote by teamscorpions
the cheap cab i got for now has Celestion G12S-50's in it....next i plan to get a good cab and just use this one for my SS heads

no worries
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?