Poll Options
View poll results: Who's Got The Stuff?
BOSS
6 100%
Behringer
0 0%
Voters: 6.
Greetings Rockers!

Is it just me? Or do I think that they are the same thing when you dial in the same settings? I understand that BOSS pedals are made of metal and Behringers Plastic, but I've even thought about making the switch to Behringers. They seem like quality pedals. And the price difference is incredible. I've seen Behringers from 20-50$ and BOSS from 50-100$.

So is it worth the switch?

Listen below:
http://youtu.be/a75Wy1vXZ2M

1996 Fender Tex Mex Stratocaster
1994 Ibanez Iceman ICB300 Bass
2011 Custom Gibson Les Paul
1984 Morley Power Wah
Squier P Bass
1983 Peavey Session 500
Line 6 POD 2.0.
Various BOSS Pedals
Pearl Forum Series Drums
Last edited by Dcat1000 at Jun 28, 2014,
Behringer are shite
/thread
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Behringer is just crap.
I'd rather eat pig vomit.
A Boss pedal will probably outlive your grandchildren.

Sadly though, IMO (At least with an AC30, and with my playing style), Boss's dirt pedals, sound-wise, are sub-par. Behringer is just as bad, if not worse.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jun 28, 2014,
Do you work for Behringer? Only a Behringer family member would make a thread like this. Are you trolling?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
Do you work for Behringer? Only a Behringer family member would make a thread like this. Are you trolling?

I swear on my grandmothers grave that I am no part of Behringer or either pedal company
1996 Fender Tex Mex Stratocaster
1994 Ibanez Iceman ICB300 Bass
2011 Custom Gibson Les Paul
1984 Morley Power Wah
Squier P Bass
1983 Peavey Session 500
Line 6 POD 2.0.
Various BOSS Pedals
Pearl Forum Series Drums
Both of those particular pedals are shit - however the Boss one will remain at that level of shittiness when the Behringer has long been relegated to landfill.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Boss makes some, generally, shitty sounding pedals (mt2, ds1, acoustic simulator), but also some pedals that sound good (bd2, sd1, dd, rc, etc), regardless of the sound they're as indestructible as a mass produced pedal can be. Behringer just makes junk. Sure its cheap but I'm poor and I can't afford to waste my money on junk. Maybe some Behringer products are ok but I don't know which products so I just steer clear as a rule.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
if there would be a nuclear holocaust, all that would be left is cockroaches, keith richards, and boss pedals.

don't like roaches, but i see very few if ever, keith richards is immortal, and boss, they sound like shit but the will be fine.

behringer? i think it would melt in the florida sun at a gig. not to mention my 275lb of weight partially distributed on my right foot it would work fine, ONCE.

boss distortion is terrible since the HM2 and even that is a very small market, and their MIJ stuff isn't' bad. the don't make i damn thing i would use unless it had a certain niche.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by borneo_music
but the behringer sound as good as the boss and it's dirt cheap how do you guys compare because i need to buy one of these

Behringers exist for guys who need to buy a dirt cheap pedal that sounds okay.
Just understand that you get what you pay for.
i bought a behringer pedal once...

it is now being used as a paperweight (and a not very good one at that!), its not broken it just sounds better that way.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
If you gig with plastic stompboxes you are either a brave man or a fool.

It doesnt matter if they sound as though God himself is singing to you, if they break mid set they aint worth shit
I've been through 3 Behringer Pedals (DD400 Delay, DD800 Delay, and a Multi FX) - only the Multi FX survived.

Behringer does have some GOOD pedals, I still use my PH-9 Phaser, which is a clone of the MXR Phase 90 (and does a really good job of it too). The rule of thumb is to buy their more expensive metal-bodied pedals.

But still, I'd stick by my BOSS units to be reliable, I have a PS-5, DD-7, and TU-2, and those three I have never had any problems with, except the TU-2, which was a user-error.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
if there would be a nuclear holocaust, all that would be left is cockroaches, keith richards, and boss pedals.

And don't forget Shure mics.

TS, don't get a Behringer pedal.
If you like what you heard on the video look for an used Boss, or save up some more until you can afford a brand-new Boss, but don't settle for something that will have a resale value of $2 or less.
At least with a Boss you can get some money out of it when you decide you don't want it anymore.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Aug 14, 2014,
If you have the money to buy a Boss, Ibanez, or some overpriced boutique pedal go ahead and do it. They are great pedals and work well, but if you want something that just works without the more well known brand names save a little dough and buy the Behringer stuff. I can only speak for the few Behringer pedals I own but they sound fine and I still have many of the original pedals that they were cloned on. It's well known what does. Behringer clones pedals of other well known manufacturers. They do a good job of it. They clone almost every classic pedal from Boss, Ibanez, MXR etc. Electronic parts including IC chips, circuit boards, resisters, capacitors or and other parts used in any pedal are so cheap these days that any electroics firm can clone a pedal for just a few dollars. It's all about packaging.
I have been playing for more than 30 years and I have a box full of pedals that were considered the "hot" pedal of the moment. About a year ago I wanted to retire my older pedal board to my home studio and spend a little money on some basic replacements: a delay, a compressor and a chorus and continue to still use my original Ibanez TS10 (modded by Keely to TS808 standards many years ago) and TS 9 (I like to have two distortions availble) along with my original Cry Baby Wah. I bought three Behringer pedals at a total cost of about $25.00 each and put them on a Gator pedal board. It sounds fine. You can go on Ebay and pay hundreds for an Ibanez TS808 or TS9 but the Behringer TO800 clone pedal will cost about $25.00 and except for the case it's difficult to hear the difference. I suggest room acoustics in a crowded, noisey club will be a bigger factor than whether you are playing an Ibanez TS808 or a Behringer TO800 clone.
I know the big knock on Behringer pedals are that they are made of a heavy plastic and while I agree I'm also not that rough on my gear and don't see it as a hugh problem because my pedals are on pedal board that has a case to move it in and unless a brick falls on the pedals I think I'm safe. If not I wasted only $75.00. If you think you need extra protection buy a more expensive pedal in a metal case. It might not necessarily sound markedly better because it is probably the same circuit using the same electronics in a more expensive metal box made by a company with a more classic brand name and bigger advertising budget.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Aug 14, 2014,
I've bought two Behringer pedals and neither was I happy with sound wise. They may be reliable but I'll never know because I don't want them on my board.
Quote by Dcat1000
They seem like quality pedals.

Oh god. I'm sorry but Behringer pedals are just awful, some of their mixers (x32, some of the cheaper ones) are ok. I had some experience with Behringer pedals. I had the TM300. It broke like 2 times and I finally sold it to someone. Worst experience of my life.
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX 50 with Dimarzios
Modified MIM Fender strat with schaller floyd rose
LTD EC-1000 with EMG's
2x LTD EC 401

Amps:
Marshall JVM205h
Fender Mustang II

Other bits and pieces:
D'addario strings
TC electronic g-major 2
Quote by MatejSJ
Oh god. I'm sorry but Behringer pedals are just awful, some of their mixers (x32, some of the cheaper ones) are ok. I had some experience with Behringer pedals. I had the TM300. It broke like 2 times and I finally sold it to someone. Worst experience of my life.

Lucky you
Quote by LivinJoke84
Lucky you

Yeah, I guess I was lucky. It was hard to sell, but I finally found a guy who thought that it was actually a good pedal.
Guitars:
ESP LTD EX 50 with Dimarzios
Modified MIM Fender strat with schaller floyd rose
LTD EC-1000 with EMG's
2x LTD EC 401

Amps:
Marshall JVM205h
Fender Mustang II

Other bits and pieces:
D'addario strings
TC electronic g-major 2
I rather not use pedals than go Behringer. You can get an used multifx like Boss ME-50 dirt cheap nowadays so there's really no need to suffer so bad.
I borrowed a few Danelectro pedals that buddy had in one of their mini boards and can't really complain about these. They were quite sturdy and had interesting tones.
Quote by borneo_music
but the behringer sound as good as the boss and it's dirt cheap how do you guys compare because i need to buy one of these
They don't. They're made out of shit, they're reliability is shit and they sound shit.
Buy something else. Check out Mooer.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by MatejSJ
Yeah, I guess I was lucky. It was hard to sell, but I finally found a guy who thought that it was actually a good pedal.

I was more referring to the fact that an fx pedal breaking was the worst experience of your life.

Lucky you
Quote by Cathbard
They don't. They're made out of shit, they're reliability is shit and they sound shit.
Buy something else. Check out Mooer.

best advice. there are a couple of Chinese clone companies that have better affordable pedals out than behringer. tried a couple and while I thought they sounded ok the break easy. cheap is a tough road for pedals if you want them to last. my tubescreamer lasted 30 years before dying kinda doubt that any behringer will last that long with regular use.