Right folks.

I have a Gibson SG special. It's a good guitar(YMMV) - sounds nice, plays well(enough for me, anyway). But it's unbalanced for playing standing up, and the neck needs held up, to avoid drooping like the morning glory after finding out that one night stand actually looks less feminine than I do.

While duct-taping a brick to the body, behind the bridge might well alleviate this issue, I'd have some concerns with aesthetics.

So... any suggestions?
This is a pretty common problem with SGs. You might want to consider moving the strap button to the upper horn.
Quote by -MintSauce-
This is a pretty common problem with SGs. You might want to consider moving the strap button to the upper horn.

This. Or further down the neck joint. I have also heard of people putting car wheel weights/fishing weights in the control cavity if you don't want to start drilling
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
If you go down the wheel-weight route then give me a shout and I should be able to send you some.
I've just filled the control cavity of my thunderbird with ball bearings (BB gun ammo), seems to have sorted it.
one option is to get a strap with a rough suede inside padding bit. that way it grips to your shirt and doesn't slide.

as far as transferring the strap button to the upper horn goes, i doubt that would work, the strap button will still be on the same vertical axis but just a bit higher, it's the weight of the neck that makes it drop not the position of the strap button.

or failing any of that, sew/superglue the guitar strap you currently have to your shirt and BAM it'll never slide... but you'll always have to wear that shirt to play guitar... swings and roundabouts and all that...
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I second the shotgun pellets. I had the same problem with an Ibanez Gio. A Ziploc bag with lead shot inside the control cavity fixed the neck dive really well. The nice thing about small shotgun pellets is that they can "mold" around the other components in the electronics cavity.
It is something that you learn to deal with. It happened to me when I first bought my G-400, then it did not become an issue, unless you let the guitar go and the neck swings down.

Although I don't think the SG shape is balanced well, it is one of the most comfortable guitars I have played
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I gigged with an SG for 20 years and the balance never bothered me, I just got used to it. If neck dive is making you crazy, add 1/2 lb of shot to your guitar strap at the tail. Easy fix.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
^ I agree 100% it is not a big issue IMO, I have used a sued strap before and that works decent, but I use a nylon seat-belt strap.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I don't know much about this, because I always play seated, but I've seen straps advertised that have loops that go under and over the picking arm. I think that would fix it.

I would likely experiment by taping the strap to the upper horn, and it it worked well enough, move the pin to that location.