So I just swapped out a hot rail from a MIA strat to a squire standard strat. The pickup works but it seems like I have to adjust the height very high to get volume to match the other 2 stock pick ups. And now you can not adjust the tone on the hot rail. Only on the other 2....

I wired it exaclty how I took it out of the MIA.... What the heck is going on with this thing?
the squier might not have the tone control wired to the bridge pickup, that's vintage strat-style wiring

but if the hot rail is lower in output than the other pickups it sounds like you've done something wrong to the wiring, too, since a hot rails is super-hot. I'm not that familiar with squiers, so maybe their stock pickups are really hot too, but i kind of doubt it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wrong wiring for this guitar. You can go the the Duncan website where the have several possible wiring solutions in diagram form. A Hot Rails is pretty Hot and should be louder than stock PUs.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Well I did go to their website. And I saw the wiring was different then what was in my MIA. But since my MIA was working properly I figured that that's how it was supposed to be.

So I will go back to the website. But if the configurations are different how will I know what configuration I need? Trial and error or will it state something obvious that I missed the first time?

And if I wired it wrong which sounds likely do you think it will do any damage to the guitar or pick up?
Last edited by Smigzy at Jun 29, 2014,
nah it shouldn't do any damage, just will sound bad. if you wire it right it should sound fine (assuming it's not sounding bad because you killed the pickup or something by being careless, but that's unlikely).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?