hey guys hope you are having a wonderful day, so yesterday i went to guitar center and bought a used B.C. Rich Warlock that retails for 600 but i got it for 250 just because one little thing, there is like a really big paint chip at one of the pointy ends, nothing more, everything is perfect except that, i was wondering how to fix that, if you guys could drop some tips for fixing it? thank you!

Raid your girls stuff for some red nail polish. Oh and looks like you should also maybe wash your sheets.
Well thats a little more than a small paint chip....but first you will need some filler like plasti-wood to fill in that gouge and shape the end up a little. Then your best bet after that is to experiment with some red nail polishes till you find a match or as close to one as you can. Then start layering it on, one coat at a time till you build up some thickness. Once you get it leveled with the original paint, or close then give it a little sand and then start drop filling it with superglue, till it gets level to the original clear again. Then wet sand through the grits, and polish. It will never look original but you could get it close if you are patient and take your time.
Quote by Fastmerc
Well thats a little more than a small paint chip....but first you will need some filler like plasti-wood to fill in that gouge and shape the end up a little. Then your best bet after that is to experiment with some red nail polishes till you find a match or as close to one as you can. Then start layering it on, one coat at a time till you build up some thickness. Once you get it leveled with the original paint, or close then give it a little sand and then start drop filling it with superglue, till it gets level to the original clear again. Then wet sand through the grits, and polish. It will never look original but you could get it close if you are patient and take your time.

thanks for the help!!!
Quote by Fastmerc

That's exactly how I would do it, though I might use epoxy putty rather than ordinary filler, because it doesn't shrink on drying and it is stronger.
Quote by derkym
Raid your girls stuff for some red nail polish. Oh and looks like you should also maybe wash your sheets.

haha yeah i spilled salsa this morning on it, thanks for the help!
Quote by Tony Done
That's exactly how I would do it, though I might use epoxy putty rather than ordinary filler, because it doesn't shrink on drying and it is stronger.

Plasti wood is not normal filler, it supposedly will not shrink. Thats the claim anyway, I have used it and so far I haven't seen any shrinkage yet. Epoxy is good too though.
Tape off the area very well. Carefully fill it with 5 minute epoxy. Let harden. Sand it back. Find a nail polish close. Paint in this single layers till level or a little higher. Then sand it back again and finish sand.

Otherwise, leave it be and say you did it protecting your girl from a drunk.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77