I've been searching for a replacement for my current workhorse guitar (a epiphone lp100 with a ton of upgrades).

Thinking about a prs tremonti, but I've only briefly played one and I'm not sure if it can get all the sounds I'd like (Hard rock, Blues, Jazz, funk). I want something with humbuckers and 22 frets, but I'll need a coil split which the Tremonti doesn't have. Any ideas that fit the bill around the Prs se price?

I'm new to the forum and I know asking for suggestions is frowned upon, but I'm pretty desperate here.

Thank you, Zack
If the pickups on the Tremonti are wired for it, you can add a coil split as easily as swapping out a push-pull or two. Address the issue of the guitar first, THEN sweat the pickup features.
Check Craigslist... plenty of used PRS SEs for sale. Some of the newer ones even have coil splitting.

But like dspellman said... Guitar first... mod later.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
I bit the bullet and got one Should be here tomorrow.
Last question.
Is it as easy to hardtail a prs trem as a strat?
Thinking I might give it a try
Quote by trickyzack
I bit the bullet and got one Should be here tomorrow.
Last question.
Is it as easy to hardtail a prs trem as a strat?
Thinking I might give it a try

Assuming it's a strat system it should be easy, but what I wanted to comment is that I tried hardtailing one of my guitars by pulling the springs up tight. I thought the sustain wasn't so good, so I redid it by putting a wood block behind the trem block and removing the springs. I think this improved the sustain, so it might be worth experimenting with how you do the trem blocking.