Can I use heavier strings on a floyd rose unit without any real adjustment needed? Other than basic intonation type stuff, I've heard people mention that they need some kind of other adjustment as well (unless I misunderstood). I'm assuming the only thing besides adjusting intonation would be changing the strings and since it's all locked with the tremol-no, it shouldn't be an issue, but I've never used a floyd before, I'll be picking up my first floyd-equipped guitar in the next few days and it comes with a tremol-no (which I plan to use)
Quote by Velcro Man
Can I use heavier strings on a floyd rose unit without any real adjustment needed? Other than basic intonation type stuff, I've heard people mention that they need some kind of other adjustment as well (unless I misunderstood). I'm assuming the only thing besides adjusting intonation would be changing the strings and since it's all locked with the tremol-no, it shouldn't be an issue, but I've never used a floyd before, I'll be picking up my first floyd-equipped guitar in the next few days and it comes with a tremol-no (which I plan to use)

If it didn't have the lock you might have had to add a spring. But with the tremolno you shouldn't have an issue.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
So the obvious question is: if you're going to buy a guitar and use heavy strings on it and block the Floyd...why are you buying *that* guitar?
It's a cheaper floyd but the guitar is all good, otherwise. Nice guitar and hey, who doesn't like extra tuning stability.