Greetings UGgers!

I've just splurged on a Pigtronix Infinity Looper. So far I'm loving it, but I'm kinda feeling like I've gone from wading in the kiddies pool (with my very user friendly Digitech JamMan) to treading water at the deep end with the Infinity. I thought I'd see if anyone else out there had climbed this learning curve before.

So far the thing that's stumping me the most is the input and output levels. When I load a drum loop onto it*, it's massively louder than the guitar input... and when I extract guitar files out of it they're very very quiet. I figure there's got to be some sensible reason for it... but can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

- M

*at this stage I'm just using Audacity as my audio processing software - yes I know I really should use something a bit better!
I think I've found the answer - if you run it through an effects loop (of an Orange TH30 amp) you get the volume difference problem as mentioned... but if you just go straight into the front end of the amp, it's pretty much the same as the guitar volume.

Now I just need to figure out why?